Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The fact that many beers e.g. Staropramen are only available in bottles here is used as an excuse to whack up the price and market it as a premium product. It's a decent beer but just not worth what it sells for here.

Also, PITA to bring bottles back to the bottle bank, cans just get squashed and flung into the green bin.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Franziskaner beer gone up to 1.99 now in lidl.was 1.89.not a bargain i know but just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Franziskaner beer gone up to 1.99 now in lidl.was 1.89.not a bargain i know but just saying.
    its being reported on bargain alerts that its available in a 4pack for a fiver in lidl, which is said to scan through at that price even though it may not be labeled at it.

I cant double check it as I am outside of the country and anyhow am still going through my stash of franziskaner six packs that i squrreled away when they were available at the insane price of €2.50 a pop (41c a bottle), so have no need for Franziskaner for another wee while yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

its being reported on bargain alerts that its available in a 4pack for a fiver in lidl, which is said to scan through at that price even though it may not be labeled at it.

I cant double check it as I am outside of the country and anyhow am still going through my stash of franziskaner six packs that i squrreled away when they were available at the insane price of €2.50 a pop (41c a bottle), so have no need for Franziskaner for another wee while yet!

Yea i saw that alert.it went up in price in my lidl before the offer started. Anyway 4 for a fiver is a great offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sandy1979

Amarcord AMA Mora 750ml in Martins of Fairview is selling half price at €5.99 http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/beer/amarcord-ama-mora-750ml/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sandy1979 wrote: »
    Amarcord AMA Mora 750ml in Martins of Fairview is selling half price at €5.99 http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/beer/amarcord-ama-mora-750ml/

They also have College Green Headless Dog @ €3.99 or 4 for €12 in their beer specials section. Hardly a bargain, and €3.99 a bottle is taking the p1ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Saw a few deals lately

Punk IPA bottles 4 for 10 euros in redmonds, also 5am saint, sly fox, tuatara, and founders part of the deal

donnybrook fair have birrifico ipa 2 for 8 euros(saving of 2 euros), and 4 hardknott beers for 11 euros(not the stronger queboid though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

not one for beer snobs but tesco in balbriggan have 5l mini kegs for 15 quid.works out around €1.60 a pint of draught heineken quite reasonable considering a can of heineken is around the €2 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

not one for beer snobs but tesco in balbriggan have 5l mini kegs for 15 quid.works out around €1.60 a pint of draught heineken quite reasonable considering a can of heineken is around the €2 mark.

Never been a fan of Heineken but my dad got one of these kegs in for the christmas. Allowed settle and chilled before serving and I was very impressed. Keg didn't last very long.

syklops wrote: »
    Never been a fan of Heineken but my dad got one of these kegs in for the christmas. Allowed settle and chilled before serving and I was very impressed. Keg didn't last very long.

yeah there pretty tasty left chilled overnight normally 20 quid which is a bit steep but €15 is not bad i snapped a few up and im enjoying one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not that I'd drink Heineken anyway, but how to get one of them in the fridge without (a) taking most of the shelves and food out and (b) annoying the mrs.?

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Not that I'd drink Heineken anyway, but how to get one of them in the fridge without (a) taking most of the shelves and food out and (b) annoying the mrs.?

they fit in the fridge handy enough.bargain at 15quid

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

ninja900 wrote: »

If it's a cold night you can just leave it outside to chill as well. Have done that with the Lidl Grafenwalder kegs myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Two bottles of Spitfire in Lidl (Ashbourne) for €3...O'Briens are charging €3.29 per bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Corega wrote: »
    Two bottles of Spitfire in Lidl (Ashbourne) for €3...O'Briens are charging €3.29 per bottle.

ya saw that , spitfire and bishops finger 2 for E 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up 2 x BF & Spitfire in Lidl on Pottery Rd today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I see that Bull and Castle have cards for O'Hara's beers. Buy five, get the sixth free on their pale ale, red ale and stout. By far the best loyalty card in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tescos are doing 6 molson canadian for 5euro at the moment. make that a bargain if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

tescos are doing 6 molson canadian for 5euro at the moment. make that a bargain if you will.

With todays prices 6 of anything for a fiver is a bargain. Although if its bavaria, Id rather spend an extra euro or two. Anyone tried Molson? Whats it like?

• Advertisement

With todays prices 6 of anything for a fiver is a bargain. Although if its bavaria, Id rather spend an extra euro or two. Anyone tried Molson? Whats it like?

I think its terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930864

it's pretty much a posh dutch gold.

back into tescos today and the price of the keg has jumped from €15 to €23.49 :(:( at that price they can feck off with themselves!

6 bottles of Estrella Galicia and a glass €7.50 in Spar

6 bottles of Estrella Galicia and a glass €7.50 in Spar

That's pretty good,nice stuff estrella.Molloys get them in from time to time in cans.i think ill be hitting spar,just to bolster my beer glass collection of course :)

That's pretty good,nice stuff estrella.Molloys get them in from time to time in cans.i think ill be hitting spar,just to bolster my beer glass collection of course :)

Thats it, was about to buy 2 bottles of Rebel Red until i saw the glass :D

• Advertisement

I think its terrible

I've certainly had better beers than molson,it is what it is,a bland cheap macro but certainly drinkable.They screwed up when they initially put it on the wider market by branding it as a premium beer,which it is not.good for parties and bbqs and that's about it.

That's pretty good,nice stuff estrella.

As Spanish beers go, I find Estrella de Galicia to be better than only Cruzcampo, which is truly awful. I imagine its relative popularity here is due to its cheapness.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    As Spanish beers go, I find Estrella de Galicia to be better than only Cruzcampo, which is truly awful. I imagine its relative popularity here is due to its cheapness.

to be fair i only picked it up cause it was on offer i don't think its all that bad though,to taste i find it more similar to beers from northern Europe than run of the mill Spanish beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Perlenbacher on offer in Lidl again - 8x500ml bottles for €7. Until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

loyatemu wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Just bought Thornebridge Kipling for €2.84 a bottle, thought its usually far more expensive? There was another Thornebridge ale for €2.54.

Pettitts Supervalu in Wexford

loyatemu wrote: »

Does until sunday, include sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Yes if any left, sold out beside me:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Does until sunday, include sunday?

was none left here yest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Just bought Thornebridge Kipling for €2.84 a bottle, thought its usually far more expensive? There was another Thornebridge ale for €2.54.

2.84 is a bargain?, how much is it normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great beer, for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

2.84 is a bargain?, how much is it normally?

It's over 4 quid in Redmonds

I heard Tesco are having a beer festival, whatever that means, next week, one to keep an eye out for anyway

I heard Tesco are having a beer festival, whatever that means, next week, one to keep an eye out for anyway

Found this below, cheap enough beers, but mostly meh! Will grab some of the O'haras but that's about it.

2nrztyu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

^ I spy 'Bengal Lancer' :D

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »
    ^ I spy 'Bengal Lancer' :D

Any use? Most english pale ales are bland as fook.

4 Leann Follain for €9 is very decent.

4 Leann Follain for €9 is very decent.

Yes, must avail. €3.20 usual price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'll be grabbing a few Blue Moons at 4 for €7 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭quinnp

I'll be grabbing as many 'Proper Job' as I can, Lovely stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nplunkett

Proper Job is sweet, St Austell's can do no wrong in my book. If I have a few quid more I'll upgrade to a Thornbridge Halcyon

That offer isn't bad at all

I'll be loading up on Leann Follain & getting a few Proper Job & London Porter also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Mollys off licence in Clonsilla has 5 Eight Degrees for €10
    3 Kinnegar for €10 inc specials
    4 Franciscan Well for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

quinnp wrote: »
    I'll be grabbing as many 'Proper Job' as I can, Lovely stuff!

Will definitely stock up on this, it's the best of that bunch by far.

• Advertisement

Made a dent in that Tesco offer, plan was:

Leann Follain x8
    Proper Job x4
    London Porter x2
    Youngs Stout x2

Got all of the above apart from Youngs, got 2 of some IPA instead. Bit of a shot in the dark as I've never heard anything good or bad about it.

Advertisement