Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Mountain Man Banjo'd IPA being sold off for 1.40 per bottle in Tesco Clearwater. They also have 8 Degrees Sunburnt Red for 1.12 per bottle. The Mountain Man has an October '17 expiry date but the 8 Degrees seems to be just a stock clearance. They're kind of hidden away opposite the other craft beers on a ground level shelf. There was a decent stock of both just now but I can't see them lasting long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

4 for €10 on Surrender to the void in Stephens St News. Same BBE as the drinkstore cans so a decent deal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Grafters Kölsch and Porter both going for €1.50 in Dunnes in the Ilac Centre at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They don't seem to be too popular - wouldn't surprise me if they're being discontinued.

The IPA is quite nice.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

They don't seem to be too popular - wouldn't surprise me if they're being discontinued.

The IPA is quite nice.

Surprising. The porter is decent. At 2 quid for 500ml, I can't think of much better Irish porter at that volume/price point.

The Kölsch is OK too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I tried them both and found them pretty tasteless but YMMV as they say.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Surprising. The porter is decent. At 2 quid for 500ml, I can't think of much better Irish porter at that volume/price point.

The Kölsch is OK too.

Picked up a few of the Kölsch and found it decent enough for a Kölsch. Will definitely pick up more at that price if I see any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Here's a nice red.

Aldi Don Tomas malbec is almost identical to Calia Magna Malbec - callia is 18.99, Aldi one is 10.99

I can't taste the difference and suspect they are identical - the aldi one is from calia vineyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Aldi have a 25% abv triple sec very cheap at the moment. Hard to get Curacao here other than the big brands at full strength but also 30+ a bottle

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Aldi have a 25% abv triple sec very cheap at the moment.
    Dunnes has a couple of Cuervo agave tequilas with a few euros off, so this is relevant to my interests :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Just purchased the triple sec this evening,
    perfect for cocktails and mixers, really hope the continue stocking it!
    Its been nearly 2 years since they had it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

SuperValu seem to be running a number of deals until November 22nd. It includes beer, whiskey, gins, just about everything.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/specialoffers/wine-beer-spirits/150100075

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Here's a nice red.

Aldi Don Tomas malbec is almost identical to Calia Magna Malbec - callia is 18.99, Aldi one is 10.99

I can't taste the difference and suspect they are identical - the aldi one is from calia vineyard
    Good shout. Had this the other night and it was top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is - its fine, it is weaker than Bols (or using Cointreau/Grand Mariner) by a significant amount so when coupled with going from 40 to 36% brandy my sidecars are rather less dangerous. :pac:

Looks like a seasonal which is a pity - only a very few supermarkets and proper off licences ever have Bols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Jameson Black Barrel is €35 a bottle in O'Brien's for Black Friday. Had €6 on the loyalty card so cost me €29. Can't beat it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Stephens Green News have a black Friday special. 50% off all whiplash beers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Blacks of Kinsale are doing a Cyber Monday offer of 5 cases for €150. Free delivery anywhere in Ireland according to email

24 x EXP431 Session IPA 4.31%
    24 x 330ml Mosaic IPA 6.5%
    ​24 x 330ml Equinox Rye IPA 5.5%
    24 x 330ml Simcoe Red IPA 5%
    24 x 330ml Overkill Imperial Black IPA 9.5%​

https://www.blacksbrewery.com/store/p24/120.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm currently busy at work trying to convince the wife. She does like her IPA so I might have a fighting chance.

Edit - wasn't much of a fight, she was as enthusiastic as me! :-) Thanks for the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

It looks a great deal on the face of it - anyone any idea if these are regularly brewed by the brewery? I'd be worried that some of them could be pretty old at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭tphase

elderberry wrote: »
    Blacks of Kinsale are doing a Cyber Monday offer of 5 cases for €150. Free delivery anywhere in Ireland according to email
    l
    damn you elderberry! that's another 150 gone out of my piggy bank...it better be good:D

Good deals in Lidl on the crafty brewing co atm.

2 for €3 for the larger, stout and red ale.

American Pale wheat €1.69 Pale Ale €2.19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RasTa wrote: »
    Good deals in Lidl on the crafty brewing co atm.

2 for €3 for the larger, stout and red ale.

American Pale wheat €1.69 Pale Ale €2.19

Know how long offer is on for ??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Know how long offer is on for ??

No clue, random photo just appeared in our what's app group. I'll pop down tomorrow to stock up on the wheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was in SuperValu today and saw a few deals

Powers standard Gold Label is €20

Baileys 2 for €20

Buy 6 bottles of wine, get €10 off. They have a wooden case of 6 “ecological” Spanish reds (3 x Rioja and 3 x Tempranillo) for €50, reduces to €40 with the multibuy discount. The wooden case would make this a nice gift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

dudara wrote: »
    Baileys 2 for €20

Post reported: Inciting delicious drunkenness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

While some might not call it "good drink", some might still want to get it in for xmas visitors.

guinness & heineken 500ml cans are 2x24 for 40euro in supervalu, and 24cans for 20euro in tesco. My tesco had loads too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Eight Degrees 'Sunburnt Irish Red' being sold off for €1.12 a bottle in Tesco. Spotted in Athlone, but it might be similar in other branches. Bottles are in date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

rubadub wrote: »
    While some might not call it "good drink", some might still want to get it in for xmas visitors.

guinness & heineken 500ml cans are 2x24 for 40euro in supervalu, and 24cans for 20euro in tesco. My tesco had loads too.

Same in Dunnes but if U have a voucher (10 off 50) works out at 32 euro for 48 cans ! :)

sceach16 wrote: »
    Same in Dunnes but if U have a voucher (10 off 50) works out at 32 euro for 48 cans ! :)

I didn't think they were, but see it listed in the other bargain alerts thread. They should give you another voucher too. I am very surprised dunnes are doing it since loads of people must be using the vouchers.

more in sunday world this weekend
    I see sunday world confirmed there is a dunnes (or tesco!) 10/50 voucher this weekend. Some other poster said it a few days ago but I saw no confirmation. 2 week tv guide too. Paper is 2.50 and you could buy mulitples

Sunday World
    December 13 at 1:58pm ·
    In this week’s Sunday World, get €10 off your grocery shop in Dunnes Stores when you spend €50. You’ll find your voucher alongside Sunday World’s Magazine+ this Sunday, December 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Williams bros joker IPA and Caesar Augustus down to 1.49 a can in Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tesco in bray - but assume all - have 6 for €10 on Boyne brewing cans. There was a Vienna lager, pale ale and a session to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Is that Vienna Lager any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

As did I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

stuchyg wrote: »
    Williams bros joker IPA and Caesar Augustus down to 1.49 a can in Aldi

Bought quire a few Joker IPA the other day.

Just be aware although the can says wickedly hoppy. It is not by any means hoppy.

It's more like a pale ale and not a bad one at all. Quite a nice pale ale.

Perfectly sessionable with a BBQ etc...well worth the €1.50 a can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Bought quire a few Joker IPA the other day.

Just be aware although the can says wickedly hoppy. It is not by any means hoppy.

It's more like a pale ale and not a bad one at all. Quite a nice pale ale.

Perfectly sessionable with a BBQ etc...well worth the €1.50 a can.
    Just drinking that now and very disappointed as I like a very hoppy beer.

Perfectly fine beer, but not "wickedly hoppy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Just drinking that now and very disappointed as I like a very hoppy beer.

Perfectly fine beer, but not "wickedly hoppy"

At €1.50 a can I can forgive it. as I said already it's more like a pale ale and perfect for with a BBQ.

If you want hoppy a good staple for me would be centennial IPA from Founders.

Tesco in bray - but assume all - have 6 for €10 on Boyne brewing cans. There was a Vienna lager, pale ale and a session to choose from.

The Pale Ale is pretty OK. Picked up a few the other day to check it out. Definitely a bargain at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Cheapest bottle of 70cl JD Anyone ?

steo_magra wrote: »
    Cheapest bottle of 70cl JD Anyone ?

700ml standard JD is NOT showing online for me in tesco. this could be a good sign. It was dipping down to 20euro around xmas and when it was 20 it was rarely showing online, presumably to stop people buying rakes of it. When teh price went up again it was available. You are better off asking in the other booze thread in the proper bargain alerts forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

700ml standard JD is NOT showing online for me in tesco. this could be a good sign. It was dipping down to 20euro around xmas and when it was 20 it was rarely showing online, presumably to stop people buying rakes of it. When teh price went up again it was available. You are better off asking in the other booze thread in the proper bargain alerts forum.

Had to buy it to replace a friends... oops

It was 34 in Tesco
    Got in in supervalu for 26 - Last day of that deal :)
    I bought 2 bottles at 20 each in the lead up to Christmas.

All the booze deals in supervalu end today incase anyone is wondering.

Stephens St. News have a 25% off sale till 10pm today. That new Sierra Nevada pack is included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Guinness 8 pack €8 in SuperValu from tomorrow....

Hope helps anyone that drinks it.

Was in Baggot Wines earlier and they're selling 2017 Founders KBS for 6 euro.

• Advertisement

The Pale Ale is pretty OK. Picked up a few the other day to check it out. Definitely a bargain at that price.

These are available in Tesco on Baggot St. Worth a punt at 6 for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Sunburnt red by 8° €1.12 a bottle and vagabond pale ale by brewdog at €1.50 a bottle both in Tesco clarehall

Some good stuff in the Redmond's of Ranelagh bargain bin at the moment. I got Mescan Extra and Thornbridge Valravn for €2.50 each yesterday. Both tasted perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Fresh in Grand Canal Dock have Lagunitas Maximus for 3 for €10. Not an amazing deal but the cheapest I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Few decent whiskey offers coming up in Tesco for St. Patrick's day from a brochure in the paper today, starting on the 11th, I think. Jameson Black Barrel, and I think a 10 year both down to €30 as part of it

• Advertisement
Advertisement