Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The ill-named Flying Dog - Doggie style Pale Ale is €1.20 a bottle in Tesco Ballybrack. They have a few of cases. It's not bad - certainly good value for money at that price point, and not short-dated.

Best of the rest would probably be 4 x 330ml Founders Mosaic Promise for €10, (which is actually short-dated but not labelled as such), so may not be as good as its earlier bottling days. A good tipple at the price.

Tesco Dun Laoghaire had Lervig Lucky Jack cans for 48c yesterday, I left 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Dunne's have a few litre bottles of spirits at two for €50. Absolute, Smirknoff, Cork gin and some others. I think there's a 700ml bottle of brandy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

oneilla wrote: »
    Dunne's have a few litre bottles of spirits at two for €50. Absolute, Smirknoff, Cork gin and some others. I think there's a 700ml bottle of brandy too

1L Paddy (or is it Power's?) is included in that. Two of them for €50 and another tenner off if you have a voucher means it's €20 a litre for a decent Irish whiskey!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

1L Paddy (or is it Power's?) is included in that. Two of them for €50 and another tenner off if you have a voucher means it's €20 a litre for a decent Irish whiskey!
    Think it might be Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Belgian beers on sale in Lidl - great value. The little six pack tastes great.
    just be aware they're all about 10% vol though

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

De Bhál wrote: »
    Belgian beers on sale in Lidl - great value. The little six pack tastes great.
    just be aware they're all about 10% vol though

Cool, must pick some up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Laphroaig Quarter Cask £26.90 on Amazon - seems like a very good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

It's probably been posted before, but Lidl have 4 x 330ml bottles of Bush Belgian Blonde beer, 10.5% for €8.99. That's a very reasonable bang per buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Tia Maria, 70cl,

€20 in Tesco

Who doesn't like Tia Maria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

My local Super Valu has Rascals Foggy Juice for 2.50 a can. Quite a nice Irish NEIPA and a steal at that price. Not sure if its a miss-price or what, or whether other beers are also similar
    It normally retails at at least 3.50 - 3.80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

imme wrote: »
    Tia Maria, 70cl,

€20 in Tesco

Who doesn't like Tia Maria?

75202e2726f5c504131816645b34930d56ce7404?auto=format&q=45&w=800.0&fit=max&cs=strip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

imme wrote: »
    Tia Maria, 70cl, €20 in Tesco Who doesn't like Tia Maria?

I usually reserve it for calypso coffees in winter... not craving one right now would have to lob some ice cubes in :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

"The Dude abides" 😏😁🤗

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

slayerking wrote: »
    My local Super Valu has Rascals Foggy Juice for 2.50 a can. Quite a nice Irish NEIPA and a steal at that price. Not sure if its a miss-price or what, or whether other beers are also similar
    It normally retails at at least 3.50 - 3.80

O'Briens in Bray had it for the same earlier in the week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Porterhouse bars are doing all Porterhouse draught and bottled beers for €4.50, today only. And they're honoring loyalty cards on top of that.

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Porterhouse bars are doing all Porterhouse draught and bottled beers for €4.50, today only. And they're honoring loyalty cards on top of that.

Damn. This had to happen on one of the 360 days a year when I'm unable to get to a Porterhouse bar :(

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

O'Briens have 8 x 500ml Spaten Oktoberfest for e10 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Says 5 for 10 on website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Says 5 for 10 on website

It's 8 for 10 in shop. Think they are clearing out stock for new batch. I'm on 3rd batch of 8 :-).

The 5 for 10 is part if mix and match I think

Even better than the first post in this thread, 7 years ago!

• Advertisement

Last year's stock, would be close to going out of date. May or may not still taste as good as it should.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Ah man, that's just a big tease :(

Doesn't ship to Ireland. Parcel motel etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Ardent wrote: »
    Doesn't ship to Ireland. Parcel motel etc?

Parcel motel wont accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

They accept glenfiddich :P

They will accept it, but will alert revenue if it is obviously alcohol. They'll then seize it and demand duty be paid. Not sure what addresspal is like for getting stuff through. I've ordered smaller alcohol bottles through Amazon before, like Angostura bitters and its come through no problem, but it was all in a plain Amazon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

They will accept it, but will alert revenue if it is obviously alcohol. They'll then seize it and demand duty be paid. Not sure what addresspal is like for getting stuff through. I've ordered smaller alcohol bottles through Amazon before, like Angostura bitters and its come through no problem, but it was all in a plain Amazon box.

Hopefully it is in an Amazon box, it is being sold by Amazon and not the marketplace so should be marked in an Amazon box. Will report back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hopefully it is in an Amazon box, it is being sold by Amazon and not the marketplace so should be marked in an Amazon box. Will report back

Well we have 7 hours to get on this bandwagon. So your reporting won't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I live in Manchester, coming home to Dubin next Wednesday. Chip in and buy me a bottle along with paying for a Ryanair checked in bag and I'll bring your bottles back to Dublin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Glebee wrote: »
    Lidl- franziskaner 4 for 6 euro. Nothing wrong with that. From tomorrow

Proper bargain alert. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭FlicFlak

Was in Tesco Athlone today and the have gentleman Jack reduced to €26! I say have, I bought the last two! Also they have makers mark reduced to €27. Loads of those left!

Was in Tesco, seen the price but the shelf was empty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bought myself a bottle of Redbreast 12 for £31 in Sainsbury's in Sprucefield just outside Belfast today which works out at around €35, it's bloody €66 in O'Briens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

€8 for a half bottle of Paddy in Tesco

stock up for hot toddies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

gandalf wrote: »
    Bought myself a bottle of Redbreast 12 for £31 in Sainsbury's in Sprucefield just outside Belfast today which works out at around €35, it's bloody €66 in O'Briens.

Yes, the 31 GBP Redbreast is Sainsbury has been the best spirits deal of the last few years on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Powers John's Lane down from 65 to 50 in Tesco till 2nd October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Powers John's Lane down from 65 to 50 in Tesco till 2nd October

Does anyone know if Tesco still take the 10euro off 50euro spend dunnes vouchers still? Getting a bottle of Johns lane for 40euro would be the bargain of the century!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Tesco still take the 10euro off 50euro spend dunnes vouchers still? Getting a bottle of Johns lane for 40euro would be the bargain of the century!!!

Nope, they stopped accepting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I was in my local Tesco (Clarehall) yesterday and they had the below on special

O'Hara's Leann Folain €1.58 only one bottle left
    Bru brewery dubh stout €1.20 plenty of stock but I did put a big dent in it.
    Lervig Lucky Jack €1.92 grabbed the last two cans.
    Kentucky IPA €1.65 (330 ml) bottle. Plenty of stock
    Rascals wunderbar €1.67 no stock
    Vocation life and death €2 a can plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭jh79

Powers John Lane reduced to 50 euro in tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Black Bush 25 in O'Briens currently seems to be the standout of the sale from what I could see. Rarely that price these days, 26-28 is the normal floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Bit of a random one, and useful for very few but if anyone is flying out of Brussels airport the Duty-Free shop has cans of Vedett IPA for €1.50 but buy one get one free, so two cans for €1.50!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Spotted Jameson Crested down to €25 in Tesco

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just to add it seems to be nationwide until the 17th of October, down €10 from the normal price https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250835637

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There was some cans of Hunted Deer in Stephen Street News this evening at a spanking €1 a can, and in date till May next year.

24 cans of Carlsberg for 23 quid in SuperValu, think Guinness was 29 for the slab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Bombay Sapphire 70cl €20 in Tesco until 31/10

• Advertisement
Advertisement