Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

In the regular thread also but Jameson Black Barrell and Bushmills 10 are 30 euro in Tesco, both in-store and online. For how long, who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

In the regular thread also but Jameson Black Barrell and Bushmills 10 are 30 euro in Tesco, both in-store and online. For how long, who knows!

Bush 10 is excellent at that price. I’d have it over the Black Barrel any day.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

stimpson wrote: »
    Bush 10 is excellent at that price. I’d have it over the Black Barrel any day.

As I've just posted in the other thread, it's all the same Diageo whiskies as last year (presumably Bushmills is distributed by Diageo in Ireland).

So Talisker 10, Cardhu 12, Chivas Regal 12, Roe & Co, Bulleit Bourbon all €30 in Tesco!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Powers 3 Swallows is €30 in Tesco until 24th Dec. Not sure if it's been posted with the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

And I thought 38 was good for Three Swallows in DS recently!!!!

I did use a voucher against that, so paid 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

dmc17 wrote: »
    Powers 3 Swallows is €30 in Tesco until 24th Dec. Not sure if it's been posted with the others

30 also for Black Barrel and Bushmills 10yo but only until 8 December (by their website). I have a 16 off 90 voucher......

A general comment.

I saw what I think are the lowest prices ever for beer this weekend just gone?

Molson Canadian 20 bottles 33cl = 14.00 at Lidl

70 cent for a 33cl bottle

Tesco, two cases of 24 cans of Guiness/Carlsberg 50cl for 35 euro

So 73 cent per can.

I think these are very low prices??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The two slabs for 35 is definitely the lowest I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

2ndcoming wrote: »

Its the lowest I can recall anyway, might be some oddball place with tiny stock once upon a time but there was no shortage in my tesco.

Last year trays were €20 and €10 off a spend of €50 vouchers were readily available, if you used one you got another with a receipt.

Current price is

Guinness Draught Can 24X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 15.99 Was 39.99 Now 24.00
    valid from 2/12/2019 until 24/12/2019

I would NOT trust them on that date though. They often pull offers early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

aldi wine advent calendars are half price in our local aldi (donegal town) 24 mini bottles equivalent of 6 regular bottles for 34.99

https://evoke.ie/2019/10/23/extra/aldis-wine-advent-calendar-2019/

• Advertisement

sceach16 wrote: »
    30 also for Black Barrel and Bushmills 10yo but only until 8 December (by their website). I have a 16 off 90 voucher......

Got two Black Barrel for 60, after voucher = 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

I'm pretty sure there was 2 slabs for €30 in Lidl at some stage maybe a year or so ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Redbreast 15 xxxxxxx. , just saying like.......

Yawn! Importation of alcohol is illegal. Don’t talk about it and don’t do it!

Redbreast 15 xxxxxxx. , just saying like.......

Yawn! Importation of alcohol is illegal. Don’t talk about it and don’t do it![/

It's not illegal when it's posted to the North, as I have done, so kindly quit your yawning and wind in your horns.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Tesco currently have Tanqueray TEN for €25 , that’s a savage saving of €24.99 . I couldn’t find it In Store so ordered online and picked up next day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭tphase

sharkman wrote: »
    Tesco currently have Tanqueray TEN for €25 , that’s a savage saving of €24.99 . I couldn’t find it In Store so ordered online and picked up next day .
    That is a good deal - pity I didn't spot that today but I was only looking for whiskey. Got the last Kilbeggan in Tesco Galway for €20. They also had regular Jameson for €20, Roe&Co for €25

tphase wrote: »
    That is a good deal - pity I didn't spot that today but I was only looking for whiskey. Got the last Kilbeggan in Tesco Galway for €20. They also had regular Jameson for €20, Roe&Co for €25

That Roe & Co must be awful gear, launched as a mid-level luxury drink, seems to be on sale everywhere.

Power's Three Swallows also not exactly highly rated. The John's Lane is notably on sale (as in reduced) nowhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

That Roe & Co must be awful gear, launched as a mid-level luxury drink, seems to be on sale everywhere.

Power's Three Swallows also not exactly highly rated. The John's Lane is notably on sale (as in reduced) nowhere...

Price isnt always indicative of how good (or bad) a whiskey tastes!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Price isnt always indicative of how good (or bad) a whiskey tastes!

Well, what are they like then?

• Advertisement

Well, what are they like then?

Whats with the attitude! Im just giving a bit of friendly advice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I like the Powers Three Swallows, very smooth. Bought a bottle of Talisker 10 year old and would much prefer the Powers. Hoping theres some kind of discount on Johns Lane pre-christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Geuze wrote: »
    I saw what I think are the lowest prices ever for beer this weekend just gone?

Molson Canadian 20 bottles 33cl = 14.00 at Lidl

70 cent for a 33cl bottle

That's because Molson is piss. And doesn't belong in a thread titled "good drink bargain alerts"!

Ardent wrote: »
    That's because Molson is piss. And doesn't belong in a thread titled "good drink bargain alerts"!

I like it. I don't have much time for comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Ardent wrote: »

I think the 'good' refers to good bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think the 'good' refers to good bargains.

I think that the thread in Bargain Alerts is for that; and this is for bargains specifically on "good drink". Molson is not that.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    I think that the thread in Bargain Alerts is for that; and this is for bargains specifically on "good drink". Molson is not that.

Maybe the moderators should advise posters as to what good drink is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

L1011 wrote: »

I don't like Molson either but I just scroll on past a once-off post rather than disrespect another poster for trying to help people out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I quite like ordinary Powers. I bought a bottle of Three Swallows a while back and tbh didn't think it was better than the normal one.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Tanqueray No. 10 gin is €35 in Tesco at the moment
    down from €50

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

James Fox is being renovated so they're getting rid of some stock, some decent enough discounts to be had https://jamesfox.ie/sale.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Not really a bargain alert, but I've got two Tuath glasses from Whiskey Live 2019 that I'm dumping unless someone wants them.
    Collection from Dublin 8.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Effects wrote: »
    Not really a bargain alert, but I've got two Tuath glasses from Whiskey Live 2019 that I'm dumping unless someone wants them.
    Collection from Dublin 8.

Yes please!

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes please!

Balls. Too late.

Enjoy. They are lovely glasses.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes please!

Grand, send me a PM with your number and I'll let you know when works to meet up.

stimpson wrote: »
    Balls. Too late.

Enjoy. They are lovely glasses.

I may have a couple more and will let you know.
    Too much glassware and I'm trying to cut down!
    They are nice glasses but I often prefer to use a smaller glass when I'm drinking whiskey.

I may have a couple more and will let you know.
    Too much glassware and I'm trying to cut down!
    They are nice glasses but I often prefer to use a smaller glass when I'm drinking whiskey.

Nice one. I’ve used one before and prefer it to the Glencairn as I can drink from it without my nose getting in the way. I was going to buy one at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Tesco have some offers on whiskey until 17th March. Here's a few of them:

Teeling Small Batch - €30
    Jameson Black Barrel - €30
    Bushmills 10 Year Old - €30
    Bushmills Black Bush - €25
    Bushmills Red Bush - €25
    Paddy 1 Litre - €25
    Roe and Co - €25
    Powers - €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭FlicFlak

Got an email from The Whisky Exchange and they are doing some serious deals on Game of Thrones whiskies. Full set, 9 bottles including Mortlach 13 with delivery and VAT all for €464. Or selling them individually for between €30 and €50 each.

Dunnes have 1L Paddy in their two for €50 offer. Also West Cork is €23 - I picked up one of these the weekend before last and really like it.

Scrap the cap!

FlicFlak wrote: »
    Got an email from The Whisky Exchange and they are doing some serious deals on Game of Thrones whiskies. Full set, 9 bottles including Mortlach 13 with delivery and VAT all for €464. Or selling them individually for between €30 and €50 each.

What are they like? I wasn't really sold on the gimmick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭FlicFlak

Havent tasted them. From what i read, most are average, one or two are decent, like the Clynelish and the Lagavulin.

Havent tasted them. From what i read, most are average, one or two are decent, like the Clynelish and the Lagavulin.

I read that they were average to poor. I'm always wary of distillery specials. Got a few barrels of a not so good spirit? Stick a GoT label on it and mark it up. Or sell it to Conor McGreggor.

I've stopped buying duty free limited editions for this very reason. I got stung with a few that were undrinkable.

Few reviews have claimed that they're a good introduction to the different varieties of scotch whiskey (aka 'beginners' whiskey) Theyre nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think it was the Talisker one I tried and really liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

Grabbed 2x Black Barrell todoay in tesco, ta for the alert, good price for it, was about to hit O'Briens this week to get it reduced down to 39.95, 30 per bottle is a great price for a tipple I love

Caskmates is €25 in Tesco too.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

I’ve the Talisker one, it’s lovely. Lighter than their Storm or Dark storm but plenty of good smoke and worth the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Supervalu have amended their regular 4 for €10 offer to 2 for €5. Also, some store have a selection of 8 Degrees cans included in the offer, which is nifty given that they are priced at €3.75 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There must be a Musgrave deal on that as my local Centra has done the same; but with no signage whatsoever to let you - found out via receipt.

• Advertisement

Yeah 4 cans of Citra or the Full Irish for a tenner is great going. Have plundered the stock.

Advertisement