Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Anyone drink Punk IPA by Brewdog? Tesco are doing 4 cans for €6 and that's not on offer that's the full price which is about half the price they should be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

4 for 8 is the normal supermarket price; unless you mean 500ml cans. So still a deal but not half price.

L1011 wrote: »
    4 for 8 is the normal supermarket price; unless you mean 500ml cans. So still a deal but not half price.

Punk IPA is one of the dearest by Brewdog, definitely used to be around the €12 mark in mine here. These are the prepacked cases, not the 'pick & mix' cans

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

DilD wrote: »
    Anyone drink Punk IPA by Brewdog? Tesco are doing 4 cans for €6 and that's not on offer that's the full price which is about half the price they should be!!

I don't think it's punk IPA, I think it's punk AF, a non-alcoholic beer. Similar colour and the tray the boxes come in cover the AF, so all you see is punk. You're not the first!

I don't think it's punk IPA, I think it's punk AF, a non-alcoholic beer. Similar colour and the tray the boxes come in cover the AF, so all you see is punk. You're not the first!

No it's Punk IPA alright, never looked at what the decription was on the receipt but maybe Tesco have mixed up their stock and put Punk IPA in as AF. Better stock up before they put the price back up

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

No it's Punk IPA alright, never looked at what the decription was on the receipt but maybe Tesco have mixed up their stock and put Punk IPA in as AF. Better stock up before they put the price back up

Interesting. I've gone for it twice already before copping it was punk AF and not punk IPA. I guess I'll be trying again :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

L1011 wrote: »

4 for €10 in my (considerable) experience of buying Punk! A few of the lower ABV lines are €8 alright.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Four-pack of Punk IPA for €4 in my local Tesco but none left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Punk IPA is one of the dearest by Brewdog, definitely used to be around the €12 mark in mine here. These are the prepacked cases, not the 'pick & mix' cans

You can get a decent 48 can mixed pack from brew dog if you have a UK (Northern Ireland) address for under €55

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Four-pack of Punk IPA for €4 in my local Tesco but none left now.

Whaaa!! a euro a can that's a steal!
    Darc19 wrote: »
    You can get a decent 48 can mixed pack from brew dog if you have a UK (Northern Ireland) address for under €55

Was thinking of doing something like that alright. Wonder do parcel motel allow alcohol deliveries

Was thinking of doing something like that alright. Wonder do parcel motel allow alcohol deliveries

No comment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I tried this but the delivery charges to Ireland was massive, be great if there was a way around it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I'm taking a gamble on parcel motel as we speak. Say a prayer for me... ;) Not something I generally would do but decided to just take a chance.

I'm taking a gamble on parcel motel as we speak. Say a prayer for me... ;) Not something I generally would do but decided to just take a chance.

Mine is already on the way to my "friend's" address on McKinney road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

The praying or using Parcel Motel for drink?

• Advertisement

Mine now in Dublin. Should be collecting it at 7am :)

It's a grey area and plenty of more serious items that customs are interested in.

Duty on a 48 can pack is under €15, so hardly worth glancing at unless it became too frequent

The praying or using Parcel Motel for drink?

I don't pray myself, but I always like other people saying prayers for me. I feel like they might get further than me. :p

I ordered two bottles of whisky, which have shipped in Amazon packaging. It appears like it has gone well, from what I can tell...

Slurp. Ordered Friday, in my locker at 7am this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Chivas 12 year old Scotch down to 30 euros in Tesco.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Chivas 12 year old Scotch down to 30 euros in Tesco.

is it nice? drink irish whiskeys myself

• Advertisement

is it nice? drink irish whiskeys myself

Very smooth Scotch, not peated (which I'm not a fan of).
    So approachable for someone who usually drinks Irish.
    It's 12 year old blend of grain and malt whiskies I think, defo worth checking out at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its the main rival to Johnnie Walker Black for the mass market yet premium blend; my partner prefers it but I prefer JWB - however its often cheaper, like now.

Chivas Regal 12 is completely legit and good value for €30 in my book. Posted about it recently, I had a dram on a budget flight recently and was quite taken aback by how pleasant it is. I got a lot of fig and dried fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco are running 6 for 50e on selected bottles of wine - some nice ones in the mix such as Faustino and Cune Rioja.
    Runs until Halloween.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32919075

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

rubadub wrote: »

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we're going to see this in Ireland. Also it's only a limited run according to their website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we're going to see this in Ireland. Also it's only a limited run according to their website.
    Like a lot of BrewDog beers, it's more a marketing gimmick than a drink. Its purpose is to keep the company mentioned in the media, and on beer forums. They don't have to produce very much to do that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It seems to be selling quite quickly in the UK so it's probably unlikely they'll send any to Ireland, unless it becomes a permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mark1006

Noticed that Greenspot and Redbreast 12 are both available on Master of Malt for £37.50...Is it worth risking Parcel Motel or Address Pal? I know they don't officially take drink but there seems to be plenty anecdotal evidence of people getting away it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BeerNut wrote: »
    Like a lot of BrewDog beers, it's more a marketing gimmick than a drink. Its purpose is to keep the company mentioned in the media, and on beer forums. They don't have to produce very much to do that.

My local Aldi (Greystones) had both the knock off and the Ald IPA cans today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

My local Aldi (Greystones) had both the knock off and the Ald IPA cans today

Not sure if any use to anyone but Aldi in Blackrock had them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭omicron

Highwire grapefruit pale ale €1.37 for a 330ml can in tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Aldi in Drimnagh has the Ald Ipa cans. Not bad, and the gimmick gave me a smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

The Brewdog stuff is grand. The Aldi fake Punk IPA is a bit too sweet for my taste. Still drinking it though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

stimpson wrote: »
    The Brewdog stuff is grand. The Aldi fake Punk IPA is a bit too sweet for my taste. Still drinking it though.

Speaking of which, their advent calendar is out...£62 delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some decent savings in Supervalu, especially on the 1litre bottles
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey/c-150302435

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some decent savings in Supervalu, especially on the 1litre bottles
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey/c-150302435

€26 for a litre of Powers. Can’t argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Crested was/is 25 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Geuze wrote: »
    Crested was/is 25 in Tesco.

Seems to be all gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Colking wrote: »
    Seems to be all gone ?
    Offer runs until Sunday if you can find any stock.

Just cleared my local Aldi of the Brewdog collab :D Decent IPA, although I will say if it was a full time beer and not limited edition, I would choose Punk, Dead Pony or Hazy Jane over this one.

Speaking of which, their advent calendar is out...£62 delivered to Ireland.

Bit lame but I'm making my own calander, mostly of beers I haven't tried before, just an excuse really to get a bunch of different beers I would usually not try :)

Dunnes buy any 6 bottles of wine or champagne, get 10e off. Until 31/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

O'Briens seem to have a regular offer on Guinness FES, five bottles for 10 euro.

That is great value.

Tesco do four for 10 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Suspect it's a local clearance of short dated (Feb 2021) stock but Molloys in Clonsilla selling 6x 500ml bottles of Trouble Brewing Dark Arts for a tenner.

I only took 6 (this time....) so still a few left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wondering if anyone knows if Dunnes sells Middleton?
    Or what would be the best whiskeys they sell?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone knows if Dunnes sells Middleton?
    Or what would be the best whiskeys they sell?

I’ve seen it in my local Dunnes. Enjoy. It’s spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

stimpson wrote: »
    I’ve seen it in my local Dunnes. Enjoy. It’s spectacular.

Thanks. Looks like plan is changed and this will now be a secondary present so need to pick up something decent but not expensive. 60 quid or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thanks. Looks like plan is changed and this will now be a secondary present so need to pick up something decent but not expensive. 60 quid or so.
    powers johns lane
    redbreast 12
    green spot

powers johns lane
    redbreast 12
    green spot

I got the John’s Lane recently and was disappointed.

Redbreast and Greenspot are solid. I’d pay the extra few Bob for the Yellowspot though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement