Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Anyone know of any Tesco's around Dublin that currently have Sierra Nevada's? Baggot Street and Blanch didn't when I checked, and Tesco express Mulhuddart isn't taking part.

I'd love to see the Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss at 1.50 I reckon it could be my summer 2012 back garden drink*

*Dependant on a summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Balbriggan has Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I've never seen any other of the Sierra Nevada range in Tesco.

I was determined to get the Sierra Nevada's and got them finally in Maynooth! They had alot of shelf space for them but they had been savaged (by me!). Still a good few left ;). They also had lots of Goose Islands, Porterhouse range, and Shipyard for $1.50 a bottle. Im surprised other Tesco's dont seem to be bothering with the €1.50 a bottle deal and just sticking to the 5 for 10.

In my quest for Sierra Nevada's I checked out (along with those I listed earlier) the other Tesco's in Dublin City, Fleet Street, Jervis, Temple bar, and on the way home from work I stopped off in Cabra, the joys of the travel 90! Maynooth had by far the best range of both deals in any Tesco I've seen, but Cabra had a very large selection too, it is varied elsewhere.

I've gone overboard on this deal completely in case it doesn't happen again, its practically macro prices! I have also bought a few of Goose Island, Schneider Weiss, and a mix of the Whitewaters and O'Hara's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tesco in Stillorgan (the off license obviously not the food one) are doing a 5 for 10 deal on a nice selection.

Double Chocolate Stout and a few Kentish brews, there were quite a few but I am too tired to remember will post a full list after my next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Guyett

Aventinus is now 4 for €10 in Londis Malahide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

emco wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss at 1.50 I reckon it could be my summer 2012 back garden drink*

*Dependant on a summer

Even if it lashed rain for the next four months I'd drink the Kellerweiss outside at E1.50 a bottle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Anyone know if there's a tesco in or near town selling Goose Island at €1.50 a bottle?
    I'd go as far as Merrion if they had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a tesco in or near town selling Goose Island at €1.50 a bottle?

Most of them are if they have them. Only one I know of is Bray, float around your local ones and see if they have them, best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Got some in rathmines, great selection

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Most of them are if they have them. Only one I know of is Bray, float around your local ones and see if they have them, best way.

I've gone to a few Tescos in Dublin (city centre and northside) and haven't come across any of these €1.50 bottles yet. I'd love to get some of the Porterhouse/Shipyard/Goose Island/Sierra Nevadas for that price. Don't have a car unfortunately so there's only so much exploring I can do :(

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Tesco in Stillorgan (the off license obviously not the food one) are doing a 5 for 10 deal on a nice selection.

Double Chocolate Stout and a few Kentish brews, there were quite a few but I am too tired to remember will post a full list after my next visit.

As promised:

20120522_192624.jpg

They have run out of a few but the guy stocking the shelves said they would have the double chocolate stout back in by Thursday and the deal would be on for at least 9 more days.

Focalbhach wrote: »
    I've gone to a few Tescos in Dublin (city centre and northside) and haven't come across any of these €1.50 bottles yet. I'd love to get some of the Porterhouse/Shipyard/Goose Island/Sierra Nevadas for that price. Don't have a car unfortunately so there's only so much exploring I can do :(

Wrong side of town for you but Stillorgan has loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

24 cans of Bavaria 24 euros tesco sweeet

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

CramCycle wrote: »
    Wrong side of town for you but Stillorgan has loads of them

You torment me so! Nice picture though :pac:

Tesco on Baggot street had a few Goose Island left yesterday, didn't check today but if they extended the deal they'll probably get more in too. From the €1.50 beers they also had some of the Porterhouse range, Shipyard and Frulli (strawberry beer!)
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Even if it lashed rain for the next four months I'd drink the Kellerweiss outside at E1.50 a bottle. :pac:

Dam straight, but was only ever a pipe dream at that price!

Its been said before but watch out for beers that are mixed in with the deal but aren't part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

According to tesco.ie the deal is now valid from 22/5/2012 until 19/6/2012.

So looks like it is extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Anyone know if anywhere has brahma on special?

I was getting that deal in tesco for months the 3 x 12 boxes for 20 quid and then I missed the deal they had for 4 boxes for 25

All I can see in places is 4 bottle packs and tesco used to always have the 12 pack for a tender if not sale. Anyways those 4 bottle packs are like 6 quid so no value compared to what they used to sell for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Focalbhach wrote: »

Where are you based, Clare Hall has the 1.50 deal, no Sierra Nevada or Brewdog though. They have Goose Island, Porterhouse, O'Hara's, 8 Degrees (only knockmealdown though), and many english ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Just in Clare Hall now, they have Knockmealdown and Sunburnt Irish red 6 packs for €10.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KJ wrote: »
    Just in Clare Hall now, they have Knockmealdown and Sunburnt Irish red 6 packs for €10.99

In Tesco?

In the Offo in Finglas Village opposite Superquinn there's 6 Blue Moon 355ml for a tenner.

Nice BBQ beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Des wrote: »
    In Tesco?

In the Offo in Finglas Village opposite Superquinn there's 6 Blue Moon 355ml for a tenner.

Nice BBQ beer.

Yep in Tesco. Dunnes in Northside had Blue Moon for a euro a bottle. It was short dated. Dunno if there is any left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

that blue moon I found to be only ok.... beer of the tesco dead so far for me was the harvest pale ale..or ohara ipa.

that should be deal....................................................

beer of the tesco dead
    Sounds disturbing :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Nice BBQ beer.

Molloy's?

May well have seen you in there! I'm the one buying Fuller's discovery & telling the sales assistant for the millionth time it's priced as 2.99 on the shelf when it scans at 3.39!

Molloy's?

May well have seen you in there! I'm the one buying Fuller's discovery & telling the sales assistant for the millionth time it's priced as 2.99 on the shelf when it scans at 3.39!

yep, Molloys.

Didn't see anyone causing a commotion though :pac:

Molloy's?

yep, Molloys.

Didn't see anyone causing a commotion though :pac:

I'm very polite!

I'm very polite!

haha

I went in there last October and found BrewDog Trashy Blonde on the shelf, out of date.

they were priced at over two quid a bottle, but they gave them to me for a quid each.

Their selection is great.

You ever been down to Sweeney's in Glasnevin? Decent selection in there too.

My wife introduced me to Sweeney's! She brought home a mixed bad of deliciousness for me a while back. Don't go there enough out of laziness!

They've a huge selection but so many seem to be ales & try as I may I like the odd one but just can't get into them properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Even if it lashed rain for the next four months I'd drink the Kellerweiss outside at E1.50 a bottle.
    Dam straight, but was only ever a pipe dream at that price!

Check your local Tesco, Tullamore had Sierra Nevada KellerWeisse on Saturday, there was no price label on the shelf but the 6 pack was scanning at €8..:D along with some other new brands

Sierra Nevada - KellerWeisse 6 pack for €8
    Xingu - Brazillian Black Lager 6 pack for €8
    Palma Louca - Brazillian Lager 6 pack for €8
    Forst - Italian Lager 6 pack for €8

Vedett - Belgian white Beer 330ml bottle €1.50

Advertisement