Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Tesco Dun Laoghaire & Naas Extra both had the Kellerweisse for 8 notes, would be in line with their 1.50 a bottle promotion. Naas also has plenty of Goose Island in stock, picked myself up a few yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

In the lidl catalogue it says as of tomorrow Franziskaner weissbier will be 4 for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I just got 24 cans of Estrella Galicia for €24 in Spar. They also had Grolsch, Carlsberg and something else that I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lmryo

Heineken 5% 500ml available in Eurospar Killiney - 24, 5% cans of Real Heineken 5% for €24
    Yes you read right 24 cans 500ml Heineken 5% for €24

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Molloy's currently has a '6 bottles for 10 euro' beer promotion. The bottles are 500ml and include Staropramen, Budvar, Spaten, Urquell, Franziskaner and Grolsch. My local in Ballyogan was well stocked yesterday (although a little less stocked when I left :)).

• Advertisement

Just got 3 bottles of Galway Hooker and 1 bottle of Trouble Brewing Or for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

KJ wrote: »
    Just got 3 bottles of Galway Hooker and 1 bottle of Trouble Brewing Or for €10

Delighted for you, but I think the purpose of the thread is to share the details of where the rest of us might be able to avail of such bargains! ;)

Delighted for you, but I think the purpose of the thread is to share the details of where the rest of us might be able to avail of such bargains! ;)

Haha oh crap, I forgot to put where. It was JC's in Swords. All of their Irish beers are in the offer. So basically the two I got and all of O'Hara's range.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Haha oh crap, I forgot to put where. It was JC's in Swords. All of their Irish beers are in the offer. So basically the two I got and all of O'Hara's range.

Not the biggest fan or the Ór Ale, what did you think, Dark Arts Porter on the other hand is very nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

4 Leffe for 5euro in LIDL, apologies if posted before

• Advertisement

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan or the Ór Ale, what did you think, Dark Arts Porter on the other hand is very nice.

I think it's quite nice. I prefer Dark Arts but they don't sell that one so I made do with this as I hadn't had one in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

What offers have JCs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Lidl have the following:

Leffe & Hoegaarden - 4 for 4.99

Singha 1.29

Furstenberg 1.99

Lidl have the following:

Leffe & Hoegaarden - 4 for 4.99

Singha 1.29

Furstenberg 1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Ok last day of the Tesco deals apparently, unless their extending it again if anyone knows.

Otherwise, people posting here have mentioned some really good beers on sale which aren't widespread in most Tesco branches. Stuff like Weihenstephaner Vitus, 8 degrees 6 packs and SN Kellerweiss. Is there any other gems like these still around in any Tescos?

Tesco Merrion Row still has a big selection considering its a small shop but nothing that isn't widespread. Lots of Porterhouse, Whitewater, English ales etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭donnacha

tescos have 4 cans of london pride at €1.99 - best beer bargain alert in a long time: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676737

donnacha wrote: »
    tescos have 4 cans of london pride at €1.99 - best beer bargain alert in a long time: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676737

50c a can :eek:

I'm not the biggest Ale fan but at that price I can't say no

50c a can :eek:

I'm not the biggest Ale fan but at that price I can't say no

As far as I know it was in error, so I don't know if it is still possible to get them at that price. I will pop into tesco tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As far as I know it was in error, so I don't know if it is still possible to get them at that price. I will pop into tesco tomorrow.

Seemed to be an error, they'd both ales in stock in Letterkenny but the 4 for €1.99 was blacked out. London Pride is fine, never tried Tanglefoot which seemed to have the same pricing error, further down the thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭donnacha

K-9 wrote: »
    Seemed to be an error, they'd both ales in stock in Letterkenny but the 4 for €1.99 was blacked out. London Pride is fine, never tried Tanglefoot which seemed to have the same pricing error, further down the thread.

still possible to buy at this price - depends whether your tesco store them and have stock left. you just got to make sure the cashier scan them as 4 packs and not individual cans. tanglefoot and fursty ferret also available at €1.99 for cans.

• Advertisement

Got 2 slabs from tesco bray, still 4 left when I left the shop. Grab them while you can.

http://i.imgur.com/7aRz6.jpg

They didn't have any in Finglas today. Maybe Clare Hall might have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Just got 12 in Tesco Dundrum at the special price. Only one can left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

was in Tesco's Maynooth Saturday and the London pride and Abbots ale wouldn't scan at the till and the lady at the check out was told by her manager there was a problem and they couldn't be sold.

there cans of Ruddles county were €1.99 each and they scanned ok.

blueshed wrote: »
    was in Tesco's Maynooth Saturday and the London pride and Abbots ale wouldn't scan at the till and the lady at the check out was told by her manager there was a problem and they couldn't be sold.

there cans of Ruddles county were €1.99 each and they scanned ok.

Isn't tescos motto, if they are the wrong price or don't scan, you get them for free?

On a tesco note, I am still on my 2 slabs of London Pride for 4 for 1.99 good deal.

Isn't tescos motto, if they are the wrong price or don't scan, you get them for free?
    It's the same in Superquinn, however it doesn't apply to alcohol because it is against the law for a supermarket to give away free alcohol.

It's the same in Superquinn, however it doesn't apply to alcohol because it is against the law for a supermarket to give away free alcohol.

Ah yeah, that's true, but they could sell it cheap, like they were doing with the London Pride and the Tanglefoot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

K-9 wrote: »
    Had tanglefoot at the weekend, as the can says, I was pleasantly surprised.
    I got a six pack for free after they charged me for 6 times the six pack (the lady at the till scanned the one can x 6 but they were priced as multipacks), went up to customer service and they just gave me all of my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i picked up tangelfoot and london pride in tesco wilton.. they had stock out back if you dont see it ask... i didnt see it at first but the guy stocking up actually directed me to it without me having to even ask... fair play to him..
    i like LP and the tangle foot is nice too....

• Advertisement

I got a six pack for free after they charged me for 6 times the six pack (the lady at the till scanned the one can x 6 but they were priced as multipacks), went up to customer service and they just gave me all of my money back.

Nice, I would imagine they can legally give you your money back on a purchase but not just hand you free drink. I think the law was implemented as to not have off-licences giving out free samples all the time.

Advertisement