Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Got all this for 12.50 euro in Tesco's Tallaght today. Long live 50c per can London Pride!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Eramen wrote: »
    Got all this for 12.50 euro in Tesco's Tallaght today. Long live 50c per can London Pride!

I'm still sitting on one and a half slabs of the stuff, is the deal still on?

White_Wolf wrote: »
    I'm still sitting on one and a half slabs of the stuff, is the deal still on?

Yes indeed it is, though I don't know if it's more of a deal or just an error. Staff at Tallaght had no knowledge of this deal and tried to charge me 1.99 per can.

The label suggested a '4 cans for 1.99' deal, and so on this point I got them at the discount.

Later though my mate went in to get some cheap LP but they had inked over parts of the Price Label to make it look like it was 1.99 per can.. how low was that?!

Pics on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676737&page=5

I'd pick more up very soon, otherwise they may resort to some more dishonest tactics.. (Though maybe this is an isolated incident)

I plan to get more myself at the week-end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭laros

laros wrote: »

I fear that it's not an isolated incident then. This is plain cheating people out of their hard-earned money!

If you have a receipt for a previous purchase, keep it. It may be the only way we can continue getting it at the actual price. We'd best say it to management too next time we are in. It's unacceptable really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Maybe I'm not following correctly but in Tesco where I live it was always advertised as 1.99 per can, even in the UK in crazy cheep booze places you wouldn't get 4 cans of london pride for that.

I'm thinking this was a pricing mistake by tesco. They had been selling the cans for €1.99 each during the world beers promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The label in Tesco is very misleading. The one in Lucan says 4 x 500ml €1.99,giving the impression that it's €1.99 for the 4 cans. Didn't chance my arm with it,decided on 3 x Hobgoblin and 2 x Old Speckled Hen from the 5 for €10 offer instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Tesco "Night In" deal now includes 8 Degrees six packs.
    Six pack of beer, pizza, large tub of icecream & a DVD all for €15.

Fantastic deal when you consider a six pack of 8 Degrees is €10.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Tesco Dundrum yesterday. The 5 for 10 offer was still going strong

Watch out if you're getting beer as part of a big shop. They'd O'Hara's Curim Gold in among the 5 for 10 stuff but it's no longer part of the offer. Even the ones I got that were included didn't scan as 5 for 10. I was only getting a few so noticed straight away but might not have if I was doing a weekly shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Got 4 slabs of London Pride in Stillorgan yesterday with my friends. They restocked the shelf immediately after we cleaned it out so it appears to be going strong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Better selection of 5 for 10 beers in Tesco Artane than in Clarehall.

Tesco Fairview didn't seem to be doing the offer at all last time I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

In the lidl catalogue it says that for next week (16th-22nd) Franziskaner weissbier and Tyskie will be 4 for €5. I always stock up on Franziskaner when this offer comes around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't really like weissbier's but that's savage value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

tesco in Maynooth doing 4 cans of London pride for €6.

muppet_man wrote: »
    In the lidl catalogue it says that for next week (16th-22nd) Franziskaner weissbier and Tyskie will be 4 for €5. I always stock up on Franziskaner when this offer comes around.

20 box of Tyskie for €25?

I'll drop in after work tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Hah, bought a slab of Franziskaner on that offer just before Christmas-it was a damn good Christmas :D

Anyone know if there's any Brewdog deals in Bradley's in Cork atm? It's my birthday next week, wanna get a selection of Brewdog's finest stuff to celebrate (I was very impressed with their beer in their London pub)

Supervalu on Aston Quay are doing 5 selected craft beers for 10euro. Perhaps all Supervalus are doing it, I don't know at this point.

There's about 12-15 beers on the offer including:

Fuller's Bengal Lancer, London Pride and India Pale Ale
    Bateman's Brewery Victory Ale, Multigrain Harvest, Dark Lord, and XXXB
    Wychwood's Scarecrow
    Badgers Brewery's - two or three beers
    Few more

Took full advantage of the 4 for €5 Tyskie in Lidl today. €25 for a box is outstanding value

Deveney's in Dundrum have a few 5 for €10 offers on craft beers. Think they'd Hobgoblin and another from the same brewery at 4 for €10. Compares favourably to their own "normal" prices but Hobgoblin is €1.99 in Dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Anybody know if the €1.50 offer is still on in Tesco? I want to stock up on some Sierra Nevada for my holiday.

• Advertisement

Anybody know if the €1.50 offer is still on in Tesco? I want to stock up on some Sierra Nevada for my holiday.

They still had it for €1.50 in Tesco Tullamore on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Carling. Carlsberg. Hackenberg. Dutch gold. Bud. Pratzsky. Druids Glen. Rosies dew. Becks vier. All one euro in molloys ballymun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

12 cobra for 10 euro in O'Briens off licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Carling. Carlsberg. Hackenberg. Dutch gold. Bud. Pratzsky. Druids Glen. Rosies dew. Becks vier. All one euro in molloys ballymun.

Carbonated piss is cheap these days I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

muppet_man wrote: »

just picked up 60, happy days, :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Forgot to mention that Tesco have St. Austells Proper Job 500ml as part of the 5 for €10.

That really is a cracking deal considering that it goes for €3.50 in most offies (that do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Guyett

Supervalue on the quays in Dublin has some savage beers on the 5 for 10 deal, pretty much all from c&r drinks stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

This is quite possibly the best thread I have ever stumbled upon.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but O'Brien's are doing 6 500ml bottles of Warsteiner for €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Starting tomorrow, Superquinn are doing Paulaner 6 for €12 including oktoberfestbier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

KJ wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow, Superquinn are doing Paulaner 6 for €12 including oktoberfestbier.

Tesco have been doing 5 Paulaner for €10 for a good while now as well.

Advertisement