Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Alarms: Friedland/Response SL wireless range

Options
  • 23-06-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I don't know an awful lot about alarm systems, but my brother and I have been thinking about installing an alarm in our house ourselves. Does anyone know what the Friedland/Response SL wireless alarm systems are like? What is the best self-install wireless alarm brand?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the sticky here for suppliers.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Don't buy DIY kits. You will get good equipment at good prices from suppliers.The Visonic Powermax would be a good wireless system for a self install.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gallagag

Thanks for the advice, Koolkid. I think I will go for the Visonic Powermax. How much would I have to spend, given that I need four door/window contacts and up to 8 motion sensors? Also, what is the difference between the Powermax Plus and the Powermax Complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The best place to get prices is from the suppliers on the suppliers list here. Beacon Communications and Northwood Technology supply the power max complete system.

The difference between the systems are outlined in the PDF below.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Northwood should be the better price.
    Beacon are still buying Visonic third party as far as I know.

If that is the case Northwood could do with dropping the prices, same price as Beacon on most things.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    If that is the case Northwood could do with dropping the prices, same price as Beacon on most things.

Not in my experience.
    negotiate,negotiate,negotiate!!;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Not in my experience.
    negotiate,negotiate,negotiate!!;)

:D

Advertisement