Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting a password on my wifi

Options
  • 23-06-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Well I like to pride myself on the fact that I can actually do things like set the Sky Box to record etc, but I have no idea where to start with this and have Googled and searched and got a million answers but am still glazing over with the instructions!!!

My other half set this up and we are now seperated so I have no idea what to do. I have wifi in the house....the router is a Creative DSL router and the other box says AddOn on the top. My provider is UTV and we didn't take their wifi box when we joined them as he got the stuff himself.

I have an email from UTV to say that I am over my download limit this month!! I never download anything and had a look at the usage chart they sent me and my wifi is being used even when I am in another country so I had a look and it seems it's not secure and my neighbours are robiing me (virtually of course!!!!!) Though it's gonna cost me in hard cash of course!

This big long post is to find out if anyone can either help with step by step instructions of what to do or at least point me somewhere that tells me what to do in English please :D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well the most obvious thing to do is turn off your wifi when you are not using it and the second thing to do is stop using wifi altogther if it is practical until you get this thing sorted out.

Can you give model nos if at all possible of the equipment you are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Have done that dub45 but as I work from home too I'm like a nun's knickers up and down the stairs plugging and unplugging LOL!

I'll get model numbers and post them, thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I gave up and went and bought a Belkin plug and play!! Thank you though :D

Advertisement