Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Road Race Championships 3rd July

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Dont sit on my wheel in the last 1 km,because I like everyone else dont call manhole covers,drains,white lines,leaves,dust,disgarded gel wrapers,dead rats etc etc .Tell me when youre in A3,I'll know to look out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

levitronix wrote: »
    Havent been able to find any pics from the A4 race is there any knocking around ?

ya was hopoing for a few myself. emailed Liam Ruth and he said the photographer for the day was called away at last minute for Tall Ships festival and Liam only got to finishing line for A3/2/1 races unfortunately. was sure i saw a few cameras and a guy recording at the line though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Dont sit on my wheel in the last 1 km,because I like everyone else dont call manhole covers,drains,white lines,leaves,dust,disgarded gel wrapers,dead rats etc etc .

This is getting way off topic for this thread, but personally I think that people in the bunch *should* call out significant holes/obstacles even on the last lap of a race. In the last few kilometres of a race in particular it's easy enough to forget about an upcoming hole that you saw over the previous laps, especially as people get twitchy towards the finish and you have to watch out even more than before for people in the bunch changing lines, speeding up, slowing down, etc. Taking your hands off the bars to point out a hole may not be safe or practical in those circumstances but it doesn't take much effort to yell "HOLE!" even when your lungs are working hard.

Advertisement