Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for out for the Tall Ships festival

• 23-06-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Me and a few of my mates are heading down to Waterford for the Saturday of the Tall Ships festival and are wondering where are the best pubs/clubs to go on Saturday night?

Where is good place to grab a bit of grub too?

Any advise is greatly appreciated...

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

What ye after, music wise etc.
    Basically, john street village area, you cant go wrong. Most of all the pubs and clubs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

cotzie32 wrote: »
    pubs

Geoffs for me, but there are loads of good pubs.

clubs

I'll leave that to others, but you might be best off going down to the corner of John St/Parnell St around the right time, and just see what kind of people are going where. All the clubs are down around there.

grab a bit of grub

Too many places to mention. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum, or let us know broadly what type of place you're looking for - Indian, Chinese, Italian, pub-grub, French, formal, friendly, cheap, expensive, etc. Remember there will also be a whole load of temporary stalls there for the festival, presumably with covered outdoor seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cotzie32

Food wise it would just be something cheap and quick really, not too fussy...

Thanks for the advise about pubs and clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

The Tall Ships Festival Club in the Forum has a very good Oasis tribute band in the Lounge and the Red Stripe Band in the Venue on the Saturday. The spaces are linked with doors at 11.30pm (after the fireworks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Food wise it would just be something cheap and quick really, not too fussy...

Thanks for the advise about pubs and clubs

Try 'Walkers' on Mayors Walk for some chips and a battered sausage. Its a local institution.

For lunch, get yourself a luncheon blaa.

Also, there will be an entire food area, with "stalls" from local restaurants, so you won't go hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cotzie32

Where would be the best place to catch the Clare versus Galway game on Saturday evening.....
    A few of us travelling down from Clare dont want to miss the match and unless someone lends us a helicopter we wont be able to go to both pearse stadium and then down to waterford in the one evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Where would be the best place to catch the Clare versus Galway game on Saturday evening.....
    A few of us travelling down from Clare dont want to miss the match and unless someone lends us a helicopter we wont be able to go to both pearse stadium and then down to waterford in the one evening...

I wouldn't rule out the helicopter ride.
    http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/the-festival/helicopter-rides/

There are plenty of pubs in the centre (like the Kazbar) that would probably show it.

Advertisement