Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derren Brown - Svengali Tour Dublin 2012 *No ticket sales*

Options
  • 23-06-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭

[url='http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Derren-Brown-tickets/artist/933341]thank you MCD :)[/url]

Have been very close on a few occasions this summer to making a weekend trip to England to see on of the shows on this tour, delighted its coming to Dublin. Loved the show in the Olympia in 2008 and itching to see him again.

Thurs 29 - Sat 31st March 2012, Grand Canal Theatre, tickets from €35-€45

Anyone seen this tour yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Likewise, been tracking him in the UK hoping to catch him, one great showman and somebody I'd recommend everybody see/witness.

It's about time he added Dublin dates, bloody ages away tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Great.
    Was thinking about London as well to catch the show. Probably go to this instead. Never seen him live.
    Have checked his website a few times, waiting for him to add dates over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I hate this new trend of annoucing dates that are f*cking forever away. Cant wait now :)
    H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Great.

Never seen him live.

Probably the best live show I've been to, really is great. His Evening of Wonders tour DVD is well worth a look

His shows are phenomenal, pointless trying to figure it all out the guy is super human.

Not your average run-of-the-mill "I can read your mind" mystic psychobabble either, he goes all out to astound. Just can't recommend him highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't really like the way he claims to be able to manipulate and read people psychologically. I have seen him say this about some of his tricks that I figured out and they were really just more traditional magic tricks. However a lot of his stuff is very clever even if it is just magic tricks. I guess the whole psychology thing is all part of the act and I know he has many people fooled. Don't get me wrong though, he's defiantly a great showman.

• Advertisement

Never been in the Grand Canal Theatre, where's better to be sitting? Stalls or circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

does anyone know if all the shows in the Grand Canal have sold out? Cos i'm looking on ticketmaster and they don't seem to have any left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Seems gone to me. Tried to book the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Love this man, glad to see he is looking to entertain Irish audiences in person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AudreySpillane

I bought these tickets back in June, as I've followed Derren for Years. Regretably and due to work commitments I won't be able to attend the show. To that end I am selling my two tickets for the Svengali Show in the Grand Canal Theatre, on March 31st.

Please follow the link below if you are interested:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/othertickets/3066464

I Know it's going to be an amazing show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AudreySpillane

Hi there,

I bought 2 tickets back in June, as I've followed Derren for Years. Regretably and due to work commitments I won't be able to attend the show. To that end I am selling my two tickets for the Svengali Show in the Grand Canal Theatre, on March 31st.

Please follow the link below if you are interested:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/othertickets/3066464

I Know it's going to be an amazing show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

ralphhos wrote: »
    How am I so late finding out about this show! Does anyone know where I could get two tickets??! I would love to go with my lady wife and I don't care what night or where we're seated. I'd just love to see him live.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

If theres any floating about it will be here:

http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13544&sid=a823407608f0ac100ed7522fad7e4300&start=45

Few tickets back on sale on Ticketmaster, I'd advise moving swiftly. ;)

I got 2 on Ticketmaster last night...delira :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone go last night? My first time in the Grand canal, lovely venue.

The show was very good, I've never seen him live and he was as good as his performances on TV. First half was especially good. Very funny and had me scratching my head for most of it. Second half wasn't as good as the first, but still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone go last night? My first time in the Grand canal, lovely venue.

The show was very good, I've never seen him live and he was as good as his performances on TV. First half was especially good. Very funny and had me scratching my head for most of it. Second half wasn't as good as the first, but still great.

Heading tomorrow night, how long is the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Started a bout 7.45. Intermission at 9 for 15 minutes, finished about 10.20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 voodoomaster76

i've 2 tickets for tonight if anyone wants them, email me voodoomaster76@gmail.com

It's a good show, but doesn't quite hit the heights as his previous outings.
    Enigma was just stunning.
    The tour before that was Something Wicked This Way Comes I think, it's been shown on Ch4/E4 a few times and was equally as impressive.

Svengali is apparently missing the hand of one of Brown's key co-writers and I think it suffers as a result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

i've 2 tickets for tonight if anyone wants them, email me voodoomaster76@gmail.com

PM sent, I'd love to take them if still available please!

• Advertisement

Went on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed the show :)

Wasn't as blown away as I was on the Enigma tour, but a good show all the same. Delighted we bought a programme, some good reading in it and the Q&A section is great!

Advertisement