Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU v UCD

Options
  • 23-06-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been accepted to BA Contemporary Culture and Society in DCU and to a joint major BA Politics and International relations and history in UCD and find it very hard to make my mind up which one I should accept.
    Any tips of either university would be of great help! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I went to DCU and dropped out

- Didnt like the course structure (economics politics and Law)
    - It was too far from my house so I ended up missing lectures out of demotivation nd being late
    - Social life and the people wenr't that interesting

Just finished my degree in UCD and I really enjoyed it but I did commerce and ive heard that arts in UCD is hard to get to know people in.

I really would go for the college thats the easiest to get to as it does make a massive difference. Also without delving into the course content too much the UCD course sounds a bit more practical for getting a job afterwards which is really what you should be focusing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Nawww, you could have had a palindromic thread title (DCU v UCD)

Anyway, just to respond to something Pandoras Twist said about getting to know people, in such a massive course and what not, it can be hard however, peer mentoring is now a part of most of the programmes in UCD. This is were an older student takes a number of first years under their wing, acting as a point of contact. Often the people in your group will hang out with and what not. Also, societies and clubs are a great way to meet people. I was the only person from my school to go to UCD yet made lots of friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nawww, you could have had a palindromic thread title (DCU v UCD)

I like the way you think!

(It's not abuse of power if it's awesome, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I like your style Raphael, I like your style.

Advertisement