Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Mothers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

bulmersgal wrote: »
    What ages are everybody kids? Elisha is at the age where its hard to keep her sitting in buggy so if we could go to activity place or playground it would be great get rid of some of her energy before a cuppa.

Are we all in and around dublin? I would be interested in a meet up, weekends not great as her dad has her few hours on sat and usually do family outings on sundays.

Well i'd have to bring photos of mine to prove im a mum lol lol :pac:

Hes 14 and would die if I mentioned going for a coffee with a load of nagging mums :pac::D

Anywhere in Dublin suits me...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Mine is 9 but would only come with me if there was a football present:D

Fittle wrote: »
    Mine is 9 but would only come with me if there was a football present:D

Typical boy....sure we can give him a barbie to kick around ;)

There is a little cafe in the phonix park...might be an idea..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

ash23 wrote: »
    My parents adore my daughter so I suppose I do have someone to share all that with. Whenever something good like that happens the evening is spent on the phone or laptop with her telling everyone about her achievements so that side of it doesn't bother me.

I find the practical day to day stuff fine most of the time but it can get wearing after a while. Also the being with her 24/7 with no reprieve other than work can wear thin after a few months so I try to get rid of her the odd weekend to get some time away from each other because it's not good for us. We're like an old married couple if we spend too much time together :D

We don't have that unfortunately - I am the youngest of a large family and both my folks are long gone. My mam and dad would be 87 and 93 if they were alive anyway:D. I remember getting a bit upset some years ago, when I was in McD's and some grandparents were cooing over 2 of their grandkids...I was looking at my lad and thinking that he'd never experience that, and how sad it was for him:(. A friend of mine (rightly!) pointed out that even if my folks were still alive, they'd be close to 90 and would most probably NOT be bringing him to McD's;) Most of my family are men and we're not at all close..I see some of them sometimes (they never see each other)...so no family support for me..but sure we get by as I've great friends;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My little girl is 15 months and getting active too! I'm in south county dublin here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Justask wrote: »
    Typical boy....sure we can give him a barbie to kick around ;)

There is a little cafe in the phonix park...might be an idea..:)

That sounds good, least then the kids can run around the park play football. Elisha loves football so would be delighted to play, she's only 14 months so her idea is just throwing the ball around and running.

When should we do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

My Little girl is 3 and a half - I'm in south county Dublin too

bulmersgal wrote: »
    That sounds good, least then the kids can run around the park play football. Elisha loves football so would be delighted to play, she's only 14 months so her idea is just throwing the ball around and running.

When should we do it?

Can we put up a poll here do you know??

I will mail one of the MODS and see how to go about it....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Cool but I think they will need some idea of days just so its easier. Could do poll weekday or weekend. Next week or week after. Then depending on that the days.

I'm free every day during the week, don't mind what day or week get chosen.

We're kinda robbing the OP's ideas :eek: But I dont thin she has been back.... hope she doesn't mind :confused:

Hope she comes back and can join us :)

I sent a mail to one of the MODS about setting up a poll about dates and locations so everyone can choose.

Ah I really do hope this works out :)

****son just ran in took a big bottle of fizzy and glasses..to quench his mates thirst**** Joys of been a mum :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Cream_crackers

Great for single mums. For single dads, not quite so much.
    Roll on the day there's a single fathers representative organisation funded to the hilt by the taxpayer.
    Actually, scratch that, Just equity in law would be nice.
    Anyhow, on-topic, single mums seeking support should find they get a great hearing from the above mentioned organisation.

http://onefamily.ie/ This organisation is for lone parents not just Mums. Equitable enough for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Justask wrote: »
    We're kinda robbing the OP's ideas :eek: But I dont thin she has been back.... hope she doesn't mind :confused:

Hope she comes back and can join us :)

I sent a mail to one of the MODS about setting up a poll about dates and locations so everyone can choose.

Ah I really do hope this works out :)

****son just ran in took a big bottle of fizzy and glasses..to quench his mates thirst**** Joys of been a mum :D

If ya PM'd Moonbeam, good luck, she's on holidays :p

What would you all like in the poll, PM me and I'll get it sorted :)

January wrote: »
    If ya PM'd Moonbeam, good luck, she's on holidays :p

What would you all like in the poll, PM me and I'll get it sorted :)

Ah thanks I didn't know that :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I replied!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Sharrow wrote: »
    Gingerbread Ireland used to run support groups for lone parents, I know someone who used to facilitate them. Gingerbread merged into http://onefamily.ie and they have help and support for those who are parenting alone.

Hi guys
    Another single parent here to a little boy who is 20 months . Can I just say One Family are an amazing organisation. I did a course with them and they gave me all the info and support to decide to go back to college:) Cant praise them enough

Advertisement