Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courgettes

Options
  • 23-06-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Any interesting recipe ideas for my homegrown courgettes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Chocolate Courgette Cake? I've never tried it, but I came across the recipe the other day and was intregued!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I make ratatouille with mine, then use that to make vegetarian lasagne.

As Faith said, courgette bread (known as zucchini bread in Canada) is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Courgette & potato pancakes/blinis/something to put stuff on!

Grate the outside of a courgette (so you have green gratings) and the same amount of potato. Squeeze all the liquid out of the grated veg. Whisk two eggs, throw in a bit of flour & seasoning. Then put the grated veg into the egg mix. Heat pan to hot enough to fry with a bit of oil. Get a teaspoon of the mix and plop it in the pan - should spread to about 2" diameter. And cook both sides until golden - serve hot! Nice with smoked salmon, crème fraiche or salsa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Has anyone ever tried the flowers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

I've had the flowers stuffed with cream cheese or on their own deepfried tempura style. They are lovely either way. They have a lovely light taste.

Advertisement