Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Donabate

Options
  • 23-06-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Are there any commuters from Donabate area on here? I have a meeting and I need to drive there in rush hour from Mount Merrion. Google maps is telling me to go through Ballsbridge, over the East link, through the port tunnell and up the M1. Is this the best way, especially at that time? (And I don't really want to through the tunnel!)

I kind of figured I would go to Dundrum, onto the M50 and follow it. Google says this would be longer but would it really be at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Hi,

If you're coming from Mount Merrion, I would suggest the M50. I travel back and forth from Donabate to Sandyford every day. It shouldn't take you more than an hour at rush hour.

Go onto the M1 heading North and exit at junction 4. You go through two roundabouts (right hand turns) and just follow the signs for Donabate and Portrane. Donabate is about 4km off the old Swords road.

Another option would be to head for your local Dart station and pick up a commuter train at Pearse that will bring you out to Donabate in about 30 mins.

If you want to tell me exactly where you're going in Donabate, I'll give you more detailed directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with the M50 so. I'm going to main street so I think I should find it

Advertisement