Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what labor signs to watch out for

Options
  • 23-06-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

ok so ive 12 days untill my due date and with every ache and pain i think "this is it"! last night i started feeling really sick and getting sudden urges to go no2 but then not actually going!! i ended up vomiting which is unusual cos i didnt get any sickness at all in my pregnancy, my back was hurting and was getting cramps so i was convinced that this was the start of labor!! it wasnt i woke up this morning feeling grand!!

i know i have to just play the waiting game now but has anyone any stories of out of the ordinary things (apart from the obv loss of plug ect) that happened before labour or that are happening to you now! doesnt matter how disgusting i want to know cos everything happening with my body at the moment has me thinking im going into labor!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The pain!!
    I had 2 pretty quick births and the only way that I knew that I was actually in labour were the contractions,trust me you will know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I agree with the "you'll know" sentiment... seriously Braxton Hicks are nothing like actual labour... once contractions become regular you'll know it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

My pains started on a thursday, and baby didn't arrive til the Sunday, so i didn't know I was in early labour. The pains came and went, but u can feel 'down below' that things are different, like it's alot damper (tmi) and in general u just feel a bit crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

yeah my ma keeps telling me il know when its time but she also says she cant describe the feeling!! everyone keeps telling me how low i am and il go into labor soon so i think ive convinced myself it will actually happen before my due date!! im not sure if i have been having braxton hicks if i have i havnt noticed! i get what feels like period pain so that could be them!

sarahJ i know what u mean about feeling different down there ive been getting pains almost like a bruise or something weird! and the dampness i know i thought my waters were leaking so went the doc but turns out its just watery discharge (tmi i know!!) the exam was a new experience too, my 1st one hurt a bit and i was mortified but i suppose i had better get used to people looking at my lady bits as it will be pretty hard to have a baby with my nickers on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't convince yourself you'll go before... you'll be sorely disappointed if you don't!

• Advertisement

i know i try not to, knowing my luck il go over my due date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I also agree with the 'you'll know when you're in labour' sentiment. A midwife said to me in my last couple of weeks when I was having string regular braxton hicks that if you have to ask if you're in labour then you aren't. She was right!

well i ended up going into labor 6 days early, i agree now with "you'll know when your in labor"!! i had contractions through the night (i can only describe it as cramps in your lower back and belly which get worse as time goes on) finally at around 3pm the next day i knew it was time to go to hospital when i thought if i got up off the sofa something was gonna fall out of my arse!! was admitted as at 4 and had my baby girl Aoife at 9! the midwife told me thats good going for my first and i was only pushing for 5mins! so it wasnt so bad i guess i got lucky! for any one expecting i would recommend a hot bath if your having contractions (it wont stop them completely but helps ALOT!!) and in my opinion the epidural is the best drug ever! once i got it i felt nothing untill it was time to push!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Aoife :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement