Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding in Galway

Options
  • 23-06-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Going to galway for the weekend with the misses and we want to try some horse riding. She was more interested in centres that bring you around beaches etc.

Anyone have some suggestions for me, any would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You can find some members' recommendations of equestrian centres here.

The other option is to have a look at the AIRE website (aire.ie). It has a list of all the approved riding centres in Ireland, and on the home page you can search for centres which offer beach rides by county.

I didn't get to go beach riding when I was in Galway, so unfortunately I can't recommend anywhere.

Enjoy it, and maybe you could let us know where ye went and what ye thought of it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you ridden before?If not many places might not bring total beginners to the beach. (It's a long way to the end if a horse takes off;)...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Thanks for the link and sorry for not searching before hand ^^ That place looks pretty nice to be honest and the prices seem good.

I actually didn't think of that byhookorbycrook :P No I've never ridden before, i'm very tall as well so the fall will be a lot longer, haha.

Is it a problem that I've never ridden before or do centres not mind beginners?

Cheers,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I was reading a brochure about Achill island and their recent 'discover activities on Achill island' initiative. One of the activities listed was horse riding, and the equestrian centre in question had a 2 day riding option, whereby people who hadn't ridden before were given basic instruction on the first day, and then the second day they could go on a trek, incorporating a beach ride, but I'm not sure if it was at anything more than a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

http://www.connemara-trails.com/connemara-on-horseback.htm

Recommended Willie will keep ye entertained!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement