Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm 49

Options
  • 23-06-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All

Can you help me with this. I have a Astec 49 Alarm which i had to replace the battery today and what ever i did BYPASS is now flashing and the alarm wont go on

Thanks
    Maddog22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Power it down completely, battery and mains. It should power up ok.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have the engineer code , entering & leaving engineer will clear it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maddog22

Just tried powering down and it is still there. the code the fitter gave me is not working. Not sure what else to do When i go in to veiw history it comes up that bypass zone- not sure what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

maddog22 wrote: »
    Just tried powering down and it is still there. the code the fitter gave me is not working. Not sure what else to do When i go in to veiw history it comes up that bypass zone- not sure what that means

The best thing to do is default the alarm and reprogram the system. It is a very easy system to do this on once the engineer lock has not being enabled. Turn off mains, remove battery and default link. Power up on battery, enter 4711 on keypad. If it accepts the code the panel is defaulted. If this works let us know and we will help you program the rest. Very simple to do.

Hi altor
    Just getting around to doing it now and it still the same.Called the company that fit it and they said that it was cost 135euro to default it

I hate to think that it is something simple that i could do. 135 is better in my pocket then his and i think he gave me the wrong code so i would have to get him out

Thanks for all your help
    maddog22

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not looking good.
    Its unusual that powering it down does not clear this.
    I presume pressing clear & entering your code has no effect either?

No still the same. every time i power down the bell goes off.so back to square one

Hi altor
    Just getting around to doing it now and it still the same.Called the company that fit it and they said that it was cost 135euro to default it

I hate to think that it is something simple that i could do. 135 is better in my pocket then his and i think he gave me the wrong code so i would have to get him out

Thanks for all your help
    maddog22

Such a simple job to do on that system that being charged that amount is a joke. He would be in and out in 5 minutes.

If the alarm was set up for EN50131 just putting in the engineer code wont work. If you press clear fn 0, user code to allow engineer access. Then press clear and put in the engineer code he gave you.

Hopefully that is why it wont work.

Going to call him tomorrow and see what he says.
    I also discovered that there is now internal seirn so I would have to listen out for the bell.

Going to call him tomorrow and see what he says.
    I also discovered that there is now internal seirn so I would have to listen out for the bell.

At his prices I would be getting another installer to do the job for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Hi Maddog22

Take the motherboard from your alarm and go to Astec
    Astec Ltd.,
    Unit 31,
    IDA Centre,
    Pearse Street,
    Dubin 2,
    Ireland.

Phone: +353-1-670 4201
    and they can reset your alarm system.

If going down that road, remove the whole panel not just the PCB.
    I would ring Astec first & see what they will charge you. I can't imagine they will do this for free for an end user.

I would ring Astec first also if you do decide to remove the panel from the wall. It might work out cheaper in the long run to get another engineer to do all this for you.

I would say so..

Hi All
    Just phoned the company that fit it and the price i got to default it was 138 and to replace the panel is 318euro. If i had the money i would change the whole lot as the one i have has no internal siren which i think is a bit unheard off.Company said that the wires might not have been there to put one in. I thought it was standard to have one put in as part of your the price

Thanks for all your help
    maddog22

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's not normal not to install an internal siren. At the very least it could have been installed beside the panel. They're talking rubbish TBH.

138 is too dear for a reset, it should take no more than a few minutes.

These guys are totally ripping you off. And giving a load of waffle.
    Astec is a 2 wire system . The internal could have went anywhere.
    Very worst case it could be mounted beside the panel.
    For 300+ you could upgarde to Fusion .

Hi All
    Just phoned the company that fit it and the price i got to default it was 138 and to replace the panel is 318euro. If i had the money i would change the whole lot as the one i have has no internal siren which i think is a bit unheard off.Company said that the wires might not have been there to put one in. I thought it was standard to have one put in as part of your the price

Thanks for all your help
    maddog22

They are having a laugh telling you that. It is very rare on a wired install that the internal bell is wired for. An internal bell is a must on any system, even if it is installed close to the control panel.
    I would get another company with the responses you are receiving from them to fix the alarm.

Is the 318Euro to replace the panel if it is a fault that cant be fixed ?

Not to mention after they replace it the will probably walk away with a perfectly good working one as well,:eek:

I agree, if they have told him a replacement is 318Euro without even looking at his control panel then he should expect the worse. I have being to a few system where a certain company from bray have told the customer the panel is not working and needs to be replaced, even powering it down for them, for it to turn out the panel works as it should.

I am wondering if they planning to replace to same with same :confused:

• Advertisement

Hi All

Me again after a long time i have got into the eng programe. Was going to rest set it back to factory setting or would that cause more trouble for me

Regards
    maddog22

Glad you got it sorted. Now go out & treat yourself with the money you saved.:D
    Any more hassles you know where we are.;)

Hi All

Me again after a long time i have got into the eng programe. Was going to rest set it back to factory setting or would that cause more trouble for me

Regards
    maddog22

I would only reset it back to factory setting if you are having issues with the system when you exit engineering. It is a very easy system to set up so you have nothing to loose if you do decide to reset it. You will also get all the help you need here if you do run into problems :D

Hi All

Just to a big THANKS to all that help with my alarm.Great to see that there are still people out there that will help out F.O.C

Thanks again
    maddog22

Just to a big THANKS to all that help with my alarm.Great to see that there are still people out there that will help out F.O.C

WHAT??:eek: Didn't you fill in your credit card details when you joined?
    :D:D:D
    No problem your welcome.. Any hassle you know where we are.

Advertisement