Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 how to check what network is it locked to?

• 23-06-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there,

As in the title, is there any way to check what network is an iPhone locked to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

See which sim card works? Have you the phone on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cin0

mtb_kng wrote: »
    See which sim card works? Have you the phone on you?

Yes, I have the phone, bought it to be locked to three, but it rejects the sim card.. so I wonder how can I check it? I could just swap my friends diffrient carriers card, but its microsim and I don't have many friends with iPhone4.

Any other way than swapping sims?

When you say rejects the sim card, what does it say? Could be a dodgy sim.

When you say rejects the sim card, what does it say? Could be a dodgy sim.

Just no network, and when I try to activate iPhone in iTunes it says that I have to use another card.. This way I know that it has a simlock, but I don't know the network it's locked to.

Is it a new phone? If it was unofficially unlocked in the past, that can cause problems. Other than that, make sure there's no pin number on the sim, and I'd reset the phone to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

cin0 wrote: »
    Yes, I have the phone, bought it to be locked to three, but it rejects the sim card.. so I wonder how can I check it? I could just swap my friends diffrient carriers card, but its microsim and I don't have many friends with iPhone4.

Any other way than swapping sims?

Could it be locked to 3 UK?? If it's 3 Irl any 3 sim card once is active should work, not aware of any other way. I wonder if Apple support can check it for you.

Is it a new phone? If it was unofficially unlocked in the past, that can cause problems. Other than that, make sure there's no pin number on the sim, and I'd reset the phone to be sure.

The phone suppossed to be new as the seller said but it is not. I bought it as second hand.
    There should not be a pin number as it is prepay card that I put in it. I didn't try to reset the phone though. I only did a JB + hactivate just to se if it works.
    Still it doesn't get the signal after JB, so I don't think that factory reset would do anything better, isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure I've been jacked by the person who sold it to me but that doesn't matter at this point. I just would like to know what carrier is it locked to. If there is no other way, then I'll try to swap cards, but it always can be locked to some oversee carrier and thats a problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The phone suppossed to be new as the seller said but it is not. I bought it as second hand.
    There should not be a pin number as it is prepay card that I put in it. I didn't try to reset the phone though. I only did a JB + hactivate just to se if it works.
    Still it doesn't get the signal after JB, so I don't think that factory reset would do anything better, isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure I've been jacked by the person who sold it to me but that doesn't matter at this point. I just would like to know what carrier is it locked to. If there is no other way, then I'll try to swap cards, but it always can be locked to some oversee carrier and thats a problem.

Ring apple, they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Run the serial number through Apple and it should tell you.

http://support.apple.com/specs/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

naasrd wrote: »

Doesn't with mine, just gives spec of the phone.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »

It only says this:
    "Last Modified: February 07, 2011
    Article: SP587

Size and weight1
    Height:
    4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
    Width:
    2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
    Depth:
    0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
    Weight:
    4.8 ounces (137 grams)

Cellular and wireless
    GSM model: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    CDMA model: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
    802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
    Digital compass
    Wi-Fi
    Cellular
    Power and battery2
    Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
    Talk time:
    Up to 7 hours on 3G
    Up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM model only)
    Standby time: Up to 300 hours
    Internet use:
    Up to 6 hours on 3G
    Up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback: Up to 10 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
    Mac system requirements
    Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
    Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
    iTunes 10.1 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access
    Windows system requirements
    PC with USB 2.0 port
    Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    iTunes 10.1 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access
    Environmental requirements
    Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F
    (0° to 35° C)
    Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
    (-20° to 45° C)
    Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
    Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
    Capacity3
    16GB or 32GB flash drive
    Display
    Retina display
    3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
    960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
    800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
    500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
    Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front and back
    Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
    Audio playback
    Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
    Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
    User-configurable maximum volume limit
    TV and video
    Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
    Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)
    Languages
    Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
    Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji, Ten Key), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Catalan, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Macedonian, and Cherokee
    Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, Vietnamese, and Cherokee
    Camera, photos, and video
    Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
    5-megapixel still camera
    VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
    Tap to focus video or still images
    LED flash
    Photo and video geotagging
    External buttons and controls
    On/off
    Sleep/wake
    Ring/silent
    Volume up/down
    Home
    Sensors
    Three-axis gyro
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    Ambient light sensor
    Connectors and input/output
    30-pin dock connector
    3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
    Built-in speaker
    Microphone
    Headphones
    Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
    Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
    Impedance: 32 ohms
    Rating for hearing aids4
    iPhone 4 (GSM model)

3G network - 850/1900MHz: M4, T4
    2G network - 850MHz: M3, T3
    2G network - 1900MHz: M2, T3
    iPhone 4 (CDMA model)

M4, T4
    In the box
    iPhone 4
    Dock Connector to USB Cable
    USB Power Adapter
    Documentation
    Environmental Status Report
    iPhone 4 embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:

PVC-free handset
    PVC-free headphones
    PVC-free USB cable
    Bromine-free printed circuit boards
    Mercury-free LCD display
    Arsenic-free display glass
    Majority of packaging made from post-consumer recycled fiberboard and biobased materials
    Power adapter outperforms strictest global energy efficiency standards
    Mail attachment support
    Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
    Bumpers for iPhone 4
    Dress up your iPhone 4 with a Bumper. Choose one of six colors — white, black, blue, green, orange, or pink — and slip it around the edge of your iPhone 4. With metal buttons for volume and power, two-tone colors, and a combination of rubber and molded plastic, Bumpers add a touch of style to any iPhone 4.

Accessories
    Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

Engineered for extreme clarity and audio accuracy, these headphones let you hear musical details you’ve been missing.

MobileMe Subscription

With a MobileMe subscription, your email, calendar, and contacts stay up to date on your iPhone and your computer — automatically. Lose your iPhone? MobileMe can help you find it and protect your privacy with Find My iPhone.

These earbud headphones have convenient buttons that let you adjust volume and control music and video playback.

Apple USB Power Adapter

Use this ultracompact USB-based adapter to charge your iPhone whenever it’s not connected to a computer.

iPhone 4 Dock
    iPhone 4 Dock Inserts
    Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable
    Apple Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
    iPhone TTY Adapter
    Apple Component AV Cable
    Apple Composite AV Cable
    AirPort Extreme Base Station
    Nike + iPod Sensor
    World Travel Adapter Kit

Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
    All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple service provider. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. For more details of iPhone performance tests for talk time, standby time, Internet use over 3G, Internet use over Wi-Fi, video playback, and audio playback, see www.apple.com/iphone/battery.html.
    1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
    Based on testing conducted by an independent laboratory following the ANSI standard C633.19, "American National Standard for Methods of Measurement of Compatibility between Wireless Communications Devices and Hearing Aids."

Can I get something usfull from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Hi there,

As in the title, is there any way to check what network is an iPhone locked to?

On the Iphone check

settings/General/About

scroll down you should see Carrier o2 or what ever iphone is locked to.

If a version number after O2 10.0 example is displayed

The Iphone is Unlocked to any network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Does 3 Ireland 10.0 mean the phone is unlocked.

Rambo wrote: »
    On the Iphone check

settings/General/About

scroll down you should see Carrier o2 or what ever iphone is locked to.

If a version number after O2 10.0 example is displayed

The Iphone is Unlocked to any network.

Mine says 3 10.0 and it's not unlocked?

dingding wrote: »

So it says:
    Network: Not Available
    Carrier: Not Available

My wifes iPhone says:
    vodafone 10.0 and still it has a simlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

dingding wrote: »

Sorry just checked that means

Iphone has been activated using carrier 3 network
    does not tell you if phone is unlocked
    so most likely is locked to 3 Network
    ok

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Have a look at this i downladed its very good and free.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78299920&postcount=1

stylo_gsm wrote: »

Your conversion rate is off

Well on that site its 1 pound for your software or 1.50 euro you do the sums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

stylo_gsm wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you pls explain what you mean conversion rate is off?

which currency are you referring to>?

Thanks for your time but i like to fix this.

Regards

Think the poster means "off" as in way off.
    You have £1 converted to €1.50 which as of today on XE converter app £1 is the equivalent of €1.22

Edit- Wush beat me to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dead_man

Network/carrier lock Check

Advertisement