Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis - absolute disgrace

Options
  • 23-06-2011 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have had nothing but trouble since moving into a place with Gas.

I got charged stupid amounts and had the wrong amount taken from me in the first place and they never refunded it. They claimed to have fix everything but since then I got another ridiculous impossible bill.

Now I'm getting a letter claiming I didn't pay a security deposit - which I ****ing did, when they owe me money in the first place.

There seems to be no communication going on here at all. It's a nightmare. I wish I could just get rid of the gas cooker(don't use the heater anymore as it's a hazard) but it's not that simple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you evidence that you paid the security deposit? if you do, then you need to send them a copy via registered letter, quoting your account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

It shows up in my ulster bank transaction history. How do I get that to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

ask your bank for a statement.... showing the payment
    also ask for acc bal statement from bord gais

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I had all sorts of similar issues with Bord Gas in my last apartment with their ridiculous security deposit/DD policies.

As usual with a lot of these companies (Meteor are as bad if not worse - see my other posts in this forum about that one!), one department doesn't know what the other is doing and it generally comes back to their Credit Control/Billing sections having messed something up and taking an age to rectify it (yet strangely they become ultra-efficient if YOU owe THEM money - or if they think you do! :rolleyes:)

In the end I got it sorted but I had to escalate to the head of their Credit Control section and insisted on a letter (which I got) from him confirming this and that my credit ratings etc hadn't been impacted.

Similarly when I moved in here the same crap started about deposits and I informed them that I wouldn't be paying it and nor would they be getting DD access to my account and suggested they chat with that same department manager and read the ticket history for why.

So now I pay through billpay.ie myself and they only get what they're owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Good to see I'm not the only one.

I used to have a Bord Gáis account (for electricity) when living in Leixlip, which I paid on time every time for a year.
    Then I moved to Swords, where I have taken the existing gas bill from Bord Gáis (which was basically just changing the name) on myself.
    Now they ask me to pay the security deposit of 200 euro AGAIN ?
    Despite the fact I've already proven to pay my bills on time, always.

Seriously thinking of just telling them to **** off and take my name back off the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

As a follow-up: I have now received a bill for over 400 euro.
    The bill clearly states that this is a deposit, but since I agreed a direct debit payment for the bills they said it would be a 200 euro deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why are you still with Bord Gais? Stop rewarding them or incompetence, and move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

What is the best alternative OOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There are 4 suppliers in the Irish market now, Airtricity, ESB Electric Ireland, Flogas and Board Gais. Each serve natural gas and electricity to domestic customers. Anyone having issue with any particular supplier has the choice of 3 others to go to. The usual excuse I see all the time is The others are just the same. Maybe so, but stop rewarding the one you know is bad by giving them more money.

I don't think anyone can say which is best, they all have merits and problems. Just change, and if necessary, change again.

Advertisement