Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13 Tips for Staying Motivated in Photography

• 23-06-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

most obvious but still a good article

Comments

I'm currently quite enthusiastic about photography as a hobby. In my current happy state, if I followed the first 5 tips on that article, you'd probably be buying my gear on adverts within a week.

Surely if it's a hobby and you get fed up with it, taking a break away from it is the best thing to do?

Some of the others aren't bad though. Seeing my stuff in printed form always cheers me up. As does buying new gear and 'expirementing' with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Great tips there. I think the one about setting challenges for yourself is a good one, that's where I fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

magnumlady wrote: »
    Great tips there. I think the one about setting challenges for yourself is a good one, that's where I fail.

I'm trying to photo new things- at the moment I'm looking to try some gig photography for free. I put an ad in adverts.ie offering to shoot a gig for free.
    So far I got a reply asking am I covering Dublin (no) and wouuld I shoot a hen party (LOL but no).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm trying to photo new things- at the moment I'm looking to try some gig photography for free. I put an ad in adverts.ie offering to shoot a gig for free.
    So far I got a reply asking am I covering Dublin (no) and wouuld I shoot a hen party (LOL but no).

I love taking pics at gigs. I was lucky enough to have a chance at Temple house...it was cool.
    How about asking on the music forum? I'm sure some bands would jump at the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

most obvious but still a good article

Too regimented for me. It could turn a pleasing hobby into OCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I like the 365 remark. I'll probably take that on board but I'll start when I have a camera phone worth using! New iphone should land in august so ill give it a blast then! I like the other points to, all in all it makes sense, nice post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Pat - if you are in Galway city why not pop into the Roisin Dubh and chat with the manager and ask if its ok for you to photo whoever is on stage (whatever night suits you) - fingers crossed they wont mind and you have access to bands on stage which you can photo (and who might even be interested in purchasing an image or two)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 amreniaL

Thanks for the post this can really be useful.

Advertisement