Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla roadster to be discontinued

Options
  • 23-06-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/tesla-roadster-reaches-the-end-of-the-line.html

Aw feck. Such a nice car, I have seen a few around the place. If it goes out of production there will be no nice electric cars, only a long list *just about to be released, delayed, delayed, canceled*

They are still working on their next car but that is more of a dull living room on wheels with the emphasis on the whole infotainment system rather than something that's nice to drive.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

nobody cares about the poor ould tesla. ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Daegerty wrote: »
    nobody cares about the poor ould tesla. ah well

nah,we all do.It's just you we're ignoring :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think they're just coming to the end of their planned production run, it's not being cancelled due to poor sales or anything. AFAIK they always planned to halt production and switch to the Model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I read this thread when it was posted and assumed there'd be a bit of discussion on it.

I think it's a real shame they ain't making it anymore. It's the only electric car so far that really got my attention. Hopefully when the leccy car industry gets bigger, they'll bring something similar out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I read this thread when it was posted and assumed there'd be a bit of discussion on it.

I think it's a real shame they ain't making it anymore. It's the only electric car so far that really got my attention. Hopefully when the leccy car industry gets bigger, they'll bring something similar out again.

Like every device that has anything to do with electronics it will improve signifigantly over time and get cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Meh...it's no loss...

Basing an electric car on the Elise (main USB lightness, handling) always seemed a bit perverse to me - and not in a good way.

Advertisement