Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing

Options
  • 23-06-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey is there a boxing gym/club anywhere in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Ronchi wrote: »
    Hey is there a boxing gym/club anywhere in the area?

brosna bc in ballinagore, one in moate, where are ya located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

There's one located in Athlone under St.Marys church but I don't know any contact numbers or hours for anyone involved. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ronchi

Im in mullingar town, so there is none around the town or on the outskirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

theres a gym in moate in the old firestation - where curent european chap trained.. young ward.

Theres also as said one under the church in st peters

The mullingar boys mostly go to brosna bc in ballinagore or st michaels in athy. Tom ward runs brosna. Its a good club with lots of all ireland champs, and a few pro's. Would be your nearest.
    As snyper says, moate is also a good club. Never trained there myself. Jj nevin boxes out of moate i think too...

• Advertisement

Sounds good. Is the one in brosna open mon to fri or what are the days/times

Ronchi wrote: »
    Sounds good. Is the one in brosna open mon to fri or what are the days/times

monday, wednesday and friday i think, and they wil sort your sessions from there. 7-30 to 9. Have you done boxing before??

Done Kickboxing and Thai Boxing for a while but they moved so couldn't anymore. I'd like to focus just on my hands now. I'll check out that place in Brosna when i can though, bout 15-20min from me

Yea, its a good club over there. You obviously wont be sparring your first night there so wont need mouthgaurd, but bring your handwraps and gloves. Handwraps are around a 5er in elverys. While since i bought a pair though. Enjoy it, dont go too hard the first night, he trains fairly physical and you'd be dying the next day if you go flat out. Even he or the other trainers will tell ya to only do what your able.

Advertisement