Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value of weaned calves

• 23-06-2011 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

was wondering what a bunch of ten week old ( just weaned ) hereford heifer calves might be worth ?

mart reports in journal today suggest from 300 - 350 , i suppose three hundred in cash notes wouldnt be too bad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

irishh_bob wrote: »
    was wondering what a bunch of ten week old ( just weaned ) hereford heifer calves might be worth ?

mart reports in journal today suggest from 300 - 350 , i suppose three hundred in cash notes wouldnt be too bad
    and in a years time they will be worth 600-650,its what they are makeing at the moment alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

leg wax wrote: »
    and in a years time they will be worth 600-650,its what they are makeing at the moment alright.

yeah cause every year is the same when it comes to the beef trade :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

irishh_bob wrote: »

They are only worth what someone will pay for them. The mart report only give the top prices. This time last year the same calves two weeks old were only making 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

They are only worth what someone will pay for them. The mart report only give the top prices. This time last year the same calves two weeks old were only making 50 euro.

What would you give for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

i don't remember hereford heifer calves being sold for €50.. €100 was the best I saw..
    OP's calves are 10 weeks old and weaned..
    Giving a drop'd price of €200, €50 to bring them to the 10 weeks, I'd say €300 is about on the money to leave a small profit. We bought 4 about 6 weeks ago for exactly that although they were a few weeks older..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

only worth what someone will pay for them , im talking about calves , not 3 bed semis in some bog in the midlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Those sort of calves made much more in Tuam mart last week good quality though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭mjcom4d

Might be better off selling them to the butcher then again you might not feed Isnt going to be cheap this winter you could sell them now when prices are good Hereford heifer calves were only making €50 each last year

Advertisement