Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms / Angel Lane / Mollys ?

• 23-06-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

So... where's an 18 year old to go nowadays?

Any word on when Trinity Rooms is due to re-open? I'd heard a rumour that it had already re-opened but I don't think that's true.
    Mollys is now 20's apparently. :mad:
    Angel Lane do what they like. Some nights they let 18's in. Other nights they're 21's.

I just want to go out tonight. :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mollys wont refuse an 18 year old with proper i.d or student card so long as they are not scobes or pissed drink

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Mollies is now 20+ only since the end of school (start of summer).

Costelloes??

Have heard the Office is catering to the younger crowd now being refused in Mollies but don't know for sure if its open late...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Monday Night: Old Quater (Table Quiz + Cheap Booze) --> Costellos --> ??? --> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Mollies is now 20+ only since the end of school (start of summer).

Is it? Last time I was there was in the middle of the refurbishments, only a couple of weeks ago, and there was no problem (two of us @ 19). I was there a week before that and same story. Is this just since the refurbishments downstairs?

OP, the wicked chicken is open again, assuming they're still 18's it's a grand place to start a night, and on to Costellos after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i think they should raise the age of drinking to 25:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Monday Night: Old Quater (Table Quiz + Cheap Booze) --> Costellos --> ??? --> :)

old quarter = O'Connells, we need to increase our marketing budget!!!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

God I hope the office doesnt become a teeny bopper bar! Such a great bar

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Is it?

Yes. Mollies now has a policy of 20+. Younger people were being turned away all last weekend, along with this week. Don't ask me why:rolleyes: With no Trinity rooms and Mollies off the cards theres surely several hundred 18/19 year olds looking for somewhere to drink. Crying out for some bar to start opening late and clean up for the summer!

As I said, maybe the Office is now open late, maybe its not. It had been catering for students by opening late on Thursday nights during the college year.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Best off to head to Costies these days for an 18 year old
    I wouldn't be too annoyed about missing out on Mollys haha

Bring back Bakers I say! UQ2Fk.gif

old quarter = O'Connells, we need to increase our marketing budget!!!!!:)
    I know that Ken, but I was explaining it to JJ last week, I'm just so used to calling it O'Connells over Catherines Nephews calling it that for years :P

Edit: You know, To increase your marketing - you'll need advertising, And for advertising you'll need promo shots and posters ;) :P

Edit: Edit: Oh yeah! Love the look of the ad in todays post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Been in mollies fine during the week- they told us 20's at the weekend.

all the 18 year olds can drink in my shed if they want. only requirment is they are hot, girls and pay 30 quid a head.................... plus byob:D

19 and 20 year olds are also welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cobblestone Joe's FTW :D

No teeny boppers, no scummers, Hermitage Green on a Wednesday night. What more could you want?? :D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Cobblestone Joe's FTW :D

No teeny boppers, no scummers, Hermitage Green on a Wednesday night. What more could you want?? :D

im sure i could add to the list:D

Cobble Stone Joes looks really nice, I know one of the lads who works in there - Mike he used to work in the still, sound lad but I've still gotta drop down for a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Fla's is also a good spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cobble Stone Joes looks really nice, I know one of the lads who works in there - Mike he used to work in the still, sound lad but I've still gotta drop down for a pint.

Yeah, he knows my Dad! :) Nothing nicer that being greeted with 'Well, what's the craic? :D' when ya walk into a bar. Customer service ain't dead!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »

The Office was leaving cert central last night(Thurs),nice but a young crowd,but guess as long as they are 18 they will serve away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

When I was 18, long time ago now, I'd no problem finding a place to drink, I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Go to McDaid's and then head to the Market haha :D if you're 18 you should be ok going to charlies/mollys/angel lane.

Of the record Mollys is a bastard. fat girls knocking drinks trying to shuffle their fat holes with no regard for anyone:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Pffft, McDaids. Off down to feathery's, a pound a drink only down there and 50p a shot. Recession busting drunkness. Free nightclub aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Roadend wrote: »
    Pffft, McDaids. Off down to feathery's, a pound a drink only down there and 50p a shot. Recession busting drunkness. Free nightclub aswell.
    Which recession is that, the 1980's? Would be nice to find a shot for 50p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

1huge1 wrote: »

Go to an off license and buy a bottle of spirits. It works out around the same. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is it still McMahon's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

1huge1 wrote: »

Mid-90s actually. And on Saturdays in summer they had a barbeque in the garden so you'd get a free burger if you were lucky.:)

Were there more clubs in the 90s than there are now? We had Featherys, Docs, Tropics/The Gallery, Cheers (if you were really stuck, I could get in there when I was 16 and looked 12), Termights, The Globe, The Market, The Pery, The Works, Bakers, Dolans, even the Kilmurry.

Also there were a couple of late might cafes like Java's and Puccinis so you could get something nice to eat after a club somewhere chilled out if you didn't fancy fast food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

It's a great spot, we always drop in there for a few when we are out. The staff (door men as well) are all very nice and that is why we keep going back.

It's a great spot, we always drop in there for a few when we are out. The staff (door men as well) are all very nice and that is why we keep going back.
    Yeah, its only a few seconds from my usual :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The Bitter End is closed down now, so even less places for you young 'uns to go. ;)

The only club I'd regularly go to would be costellos (habit from always being at Baker Place) but I've been in Mollys a couple times over the past few weeks. Its definitely not over 20's, as some in my group were 18 and 19.

Good riddance to Trinity Rooms, I won't even comment on that.

And on the subject of Cobblestone Joes, its a nice little place and I'm delighted they seem to be getting more and more into the live music scene. And aye, Mike is a legend.

roast wrote: »
    The Bitter End is closed down now, so even less places for you young 'uns to go. ;)

The only club I'd regularly go to would be costellos (habit from always being at Baker Place) but I've been in Mollys a couple times over the past few weeks. Its definitely not over 20's, as some in my group were 18 and 19.

Good riddance to Trinity Rooms, I won't even comment on that.

And on the subject of Cobblestone Joes, its a nice little place and I'm delighted they seem to be getting more and more into the live music scene. And aye, Mike is a legend.
    Thats brilliant! cause it was filled with bloody 15 year olds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Thats brilliant! cause it was filled with bloody 15 year olds!

I know, right? It was ridiculous!
    I never chanced going in there, I'd just feel like a dirty old man, but every time I passed it, it looked like a playground.

Advertisement