Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 23-06-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction from Iago on the soccer forum, for suggesting, in a thread that had become a typical "LOI Vs. Barstooler" contest, that it might be better for all sides if the LOI fans had a forum of their own so they stopped hijacking threads with their usual nonsense.

Why the post received an infraction is beyond me, as there was actually a thread debating the very same point.

A number of other infractions I received are also quite inconsistent with comments I have read on the soccer forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Well....that's not quite how you put it. Your actual post said:
    I think we should start a campaign to get the LOI fundamentalist their own forum, they constantly ruin threads here trying to convince us to support your local team.

Worthy of a yellow IMO. That brings you to a total of 10 yellows from what I can see. I checked them all and they're all yellow card worthy.

6 yellows gets you a 6 month ban from the Soccer forum. You're quite a way beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Khannie wrote: »
    Well....that's not quite how you put it. Your actual post said:

Worthy of a yellow IMO. That brings you to a total of 10 yellows from what I can see. I checked them all and they're all yellow card worthy.

6 yellows gets you a 6 month ban from the Soccer forum. You're quite a way beyond that.

How is my post worthy of a yellow and this following post not?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72873633&postcount=52

I'd also like to see a few of those posts you deemed worthy of a yellow. I have no access to them.

How is my post worthy of a yellow and this following post not?

Your post was worthy of a yellow. Some posts that are yellow worthy slip under the radar. The mods don't read every post. It's not possible in a forum that busy. They rely on people reporting posts and sometimes that doesn't happen.
    I'd also like to see a few of those posts you deemed worthy of a yellow. I have no access to them.

As you wish...

Maybe your the retard, have you considered that? As I said before 1 goal against Chelsea, 3 against Liverpool, 0 against Barca and the only team of note he's scored against internationally are the Netherlands.

Its a solid argument that can be laid against him but a couple of myopic United fans would have you believe we're all retards.
    Most non United fans dislike Ronaldo because he's a cock. Why are said United fans running around criticising Messi to justify they're love for a prized arsehole?
    Starbellend

And so on....

So the yellow and the ban both stand. If you want to appeal further you'll need to take it to the admins.

If you've already served a 6 month ban, which I have, do you only need 4 additional infractions to serve another? If as you said, I have 10 infractions?

I have no complaints against any of the infractions you have highlighted there by the way, may I see the rest?

The post I highlighted was initially given an infraction but after some persuasion Iago later rescinded the infraction.

This highlights the inconsistency I was talking about.

If you've already served a 6 month ban, which I have, do you only need 4 additional infractions to serve another? If as you said, I have 10 infractions?

Your ban history doesn't show any 6 month ban other than your current one. There is a previous 1 day ban and that's it. Your first infraction was June last year, your 6th was in November last year. If you had already served a 6 month ban for infractions starting then, you couldn't have gotten the infraction you got in February. There is no 6 month gap in your infractions. Clearly you have not served a 6 month ban.
    I have no complaints against any of the infractions you have highlighted there by the way, may I see the rest?

After your ban is up you can check them yourself in your profile. I'm not going through all 10 infractions. If you wanted to appeal them then you should have done so when you got them. It's too late when you've racked up more than enough for a ban to start retrospectively analysing each one.
    The post I highlighted was initially given an infraction but after some persuasion Iago later rescinded the infraction.

This highlights the inconsistency I was talking about.

It doesn't highlight any inconsistency. People change their minds sometimes, or can be persuaded that you meant something other than they initially inferred. As I said, the initial infraction that you're appealing, and the 6 month ban both stand. If you wish to appeal further, you will need to appeal to admin level.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »

It doesn't highlight any inconsistency. People change their minds sometimes, or can be persuaded that you meant something other than they initially inferred. As I said, the initial infraction that you're appealing, and the 6 month ban both stand. If you wish to appeal further, you will need to appeal to admin level.

I don't think there is any ambiguity when a poster infers that a named individual is a waster with a drinking problem.

Anyhow, life is too short. Thanks for your help, albeit I wouldn't agree with your perspective on the whole issue.

On the issue of being banned previously, I believe I was banned for a month on the 29/11/10. My posting history seems to back this up.

On the issue of being banned previously, I believe I was banned for a month on the 29/11/10. My posting history seems to back this up.

That's odd. Your ban history says only a one day ban. Maybe you misread the ban PM?
    Anyhow, life is too short. Thanks for your help, albeit I wouldn't agree with your perspective on the whole issue.

Fair enough and no worries. It's a bit of a mish-mash this dispute. Anyway, I think we can leave it at that. Admins I think you can mark this one resolved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Marked as resolved and closed then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement