Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp to server with frontpage extensions

Options
  • 23-06-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to update an old website that was administered through Frontpage :mad:. When i publish the files through Frontpage the remote web server type is Frontpage or Sharepoint services (the remote web server supports Frontpage server extensions). Everything works fine.

I am on a Mac these days and trying to connect through Filezilla using standard FTP. It connects ok but the directory listing is empty.

It seems i can only ftp files up through the Frontpage method mentioned above.

Is there any way i can connect and update through normal FTP? It's just 6 static HTML files so there's no worry about breaking any dynamic functionality associated with Frontpage extensions.

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

Hi There,

As you know FP extensions are end of life. Instead of using Frontpage to upload:

1 - Save files in a directory on your PC/Mac you remember
    2 - Obtain a FTP client such as fileZilla (PC or Mac versions avail)
    3 - Upload directly to your host. That should solve your issue!

Advertisement