Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorandum and Articles of Association Templates

Options
  • 23-06-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know where I can get a template for these?

I'm surprised that they are not on the CRO website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DomPedroII

Hi Tomas,

I am also looking for these if you have come across a template since?

Best wishes,
    Dom Pedro II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tomas88

Sorry mate no luck since. I'd just go with someone to do it for you first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

You can get companies formed for under €300.00 (including company Seal and stamp duties), these days, its a bit of a waste of time to draft the memo and arts yourself, unless you plan to do a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Proposed Companies Acts will exclude Memo and Articles so no point in spending a lot of money on one now. Company formation firms have generic layouts and are not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Hi Mongarra,

Do you mind explaining that? What do you mean by "Proposed Companies Acts will exclude Memo and Articles"? Have they less legal standing or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Good afternoon. Sorry, I was out of the office until now.

The company law review group (CLRG) recommended that, in future, private companies would have a single-document constitution instead of the Memo and Articles and, apparently, this has been accepted in principle and will be part of the new act(s).

The CLRG site is www.clrg.org. I have a printed copy of the report I obtained in 2007 from, I think, clrg@entemp.ie. That address may be changed now with the change of name of the department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

you can buy a template copy at any legal stationers, there's one on dorset st called kings. costs about €5:)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

The original template is included in the Companies Act 1963, (in the appendices) which you can view online.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sandyhills

mari2222 wrote: »
    The original template is included in the Companies Act 1963, (in the appendices) which you can view online.

Legal stationers sell memo & arts or you can go to a formation agent who can draft the documents, check the company name & provide you with a full company pack including a company register & company seal which cuts out the hassle.

The new companies does contain provisions to replace memo & arts for small private limited companies with a 1 page constitution. Companies will be able to carry out any activities as currently limited to main objects. The bill will not be enacted until at least 2013 or early 2014

Advertisement