Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Womens National TT results

• 23-06-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

1. Caroline Ryan
    2. Heather Wilson
    3. Jane Kilmartin
    4. Jen OReilly

Dont have the times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

Full results from irishcycling.com:

Women's TT Results

1 Caroline Ryan Garda CC 57.31
    2 Heather Wilson Maryland Wheelers 59.06
    3 Jane Kilmartin Pedales Des Eaux Vives 59.35
    4 Jennifer O'Reilly Ravens CRT 59.43
    5 Sinead Jennings Un-Attached Leinster 60.00
    6 Ciara Horne Lakeland CC 60.23
    7 Olivia Dillon Peanut Butter & Twenty12 60.52
    8 Fran Meehan Tullamore CC 61.14
    9 Orla Hendron DTC Orwell Wheelers 63.03
    10 Kay Hack Bann Wheelers 70.41

DNS Louise Fullerton Ballymena CC

Great ride by Caroline Ryan. Surprised to see Olivia Dillon so far back. Losing 1.46 to Heather Wilson. Did she have any problems? Great ride by Jen O'Reilly on a borrowed bike. I met her on the road the other day and she was dreading riding a whole 40km.
    Surprised to see Orla Hendron so far back, too. I suspect the World Masters on the track is her big target for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

The Crunch wrote: »
    Full results from irishcycling.com:

Women's TT Results

1 Caroline Ryan Garda CC 57.31
    2 Heather Wilson Maryland Wheelers 59.06
    3 Jane Kilmartin Pedales Des Eaux Vives 59.35
    4 Jennifer O'Reilly Ravens CRT 59.43
    5 Sinead Jennings Un-Attached Leinster 60.00
    6 Ciara Horne Lakeland CC 60.23
    7 Olivia Dillon Peanut Butter & Twenty12 60.52
    8 Fran Meehan Tullamore CC 61.14
    9 Orla Hendron DTC Orwell Wheelers 63.03
    10 Kay Hack Bann Wheelers 70.41

DNS Louise Fullerton Ballymena CC

Great ride by Caroline Ryan. Surprised to see Olivia Dillon so far back. Losing 1.46 to Heather Wilson. Did she have any problems? Great ride by Jen O'Reilly on a borrowed bike. I met her on the road the other day and she was dreading riding a whole 40km.
    Surprised to see Orla Hendron so far back, too. I suspect the World Masters on the track is her big target for the year.

Orla had a puncture. Yes its great to see my clubmate (Jenn) go so close to a medal and I am tipping her to win the RR. Lump on now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I presume that's Sinéad Jennings who won a medal/medals at the rowing world championships a few years ago. Her sister Caitriona won the Dublin Mini Marathon recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Do any bookies have a market on the national champs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

I presume that's Sinéad Jennings who won a medal/medals at the rowing world championships a few years ago. Her sister Caitriona won the Dublin Mini Marathon recently.

Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Thats the same Sinead Jennings that has represented Ireland at cycling TT world championships too. She switched over to the bike a good few years ago as far as i recall. Wasn't Caroline Ryan not a rower up until 2 years ago too? Many documented successful crossovers from rowing to cycling, especially in the womens category!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

leftism wrote: »
    Thats the same Sinead Jennings that has represented Ireland at cycling TT world championships too. She switched over to the bike a good few years ago as far as i recall. Wasn't Caroline Ryan not a rower up until 2 years ago too? Many documented successful crossovers from rowing to cycling, especially in the womens category!
    So was Jennifer O'Reilly. Rowers make savage cyclists.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sinead Jennings is also a successful Doctor

Caroline was a rower until 3-4 years ago. Piloted Catherine walsh to silver at the paralympics a few years ago and was 9th in the IP at the Worlds.
    She was the first Irish Rower to win at the Henley Regatta and just missed a Medal at one of the Word cup track events earlier this tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Thanks for that. I just noticed the name in the results list not realising that she is well established on the cycling scene. We have a close connection to the family in that my wife finished a mere 152 places behind Caitriona Jennings in the mini marathon. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

I think its heartening to see the quality of the bike riders there! We are a edging towards a really good domestic body of female cyclists. A few more Ciara Mulhollands and we could be looking at a really good group of international cyclists.

the current group are very good and hopefully it keeps improving!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement