Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kawasaki EX400/GPZ400 Twin 1994,help with parts needed

• 23-06-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals.
    Posting on behalf of my Dad with a problem he is having tracking down a part for his bike. As the title says its a Kawasaki EX400 Twin which is apparently a Jap import and its European equivalent would be a GPZ400 Twin. Now a few of his mates have seemingly 'asked around' a few blokes who know their bikes and stuff about trying to get this part but none seemed to have had any luck for whatever reason so I thought i'd try on here and see if any of you knowledgeable people could help.

The part in question is a CDI Unit and the year of the bike is 1994,it would cheer the old man big time if he could get this sorted out so if any more info is required just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Have you tried Gorey bike breakers?
    I'm a good few years off the bikes
    but used to get a few bits of em..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yeah he tried them but he just just keeps running into dead ends with the people he has asked,cheers for the reply though

Looking like the UK so..

bryaner wrote: »
    Looking like the UK so..

He said that himself but but rather source it in Ireland if possible

Anybody else any suggestions????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

IMHO there is no point buying a 2nd hand CDI unit, they could go anytime and are basically a consumable item albeit a longer lasting version.
    I would recommend getting one from ignitech.cz it won't be anywhere as expensive as a new OEM one which are around 450 euro from CMSNL.
    I recently replaced an old CDI that was giving problems starting and I got mine from them in less than a week for less than 150.
    Plus I asked for another 500rpm before the limiter kicks in.
    You would hardly buy a 2nd hand unit from a breakers for that and you still don't know if it will work for long after you install it.
    Ignitech stuff has a 2 year warranty, good service and low prices IMO.

Fair play to you that sounds like the crew that the OP needs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am just passing on what I have found what worked well for me.
    I knew nothing about that crowd until my CDI went south and stranded me.
    I looked around but any 2nd hand ones I could find were nearly the same cost as a new one.
    I was recommended to try ignitech on another site and tried them out and was very pleased, transformed the bike as well, runs very well now and starts easily.

Advertisement