Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlin Park parking for photowalk?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I'm holding a photowalk in Merlin Park on Saturday next. Most of the attendees will be coming from the city, but I expect several from the county and beyond. What parking is available in the area for the general public? Would any objections be raised to parking in the hospital's general car park for a few hours (on a Saturday morning)?

Cheers. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I doubt there'd be a problem using the carpark really, it's rarely full and you don't need a permit.

There is a bus that goes in there as well by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You can park in any of the designated areas out there no problem, but just hase the usual cop-on and don't block anything.

Parking on double-yellow lines will result in one of those lovely stickers being stuck to your screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Parking should be no problem out there. It is very quiet at the weekends. Had a quick look at your event page. It says you can get the number 2 bus out but you would need to get the 4E to go as far as the hospital. Might pop along if I'm about that day.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202229969-Galway4.pdf

Advertisement