If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-42 TV Enquiry

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey,

Have been looking around the UK/ Belfast site

Whats the best deal on a 40-42 TV preferably 1080p with usb playback / HDMI. Between £300-400 or a TV you'd reccommend in the same budget? Will be using it for xbox gaming/movies

I'd probably drive up and get it to save on the delivery. Had seen a super cheap LG for 329 on amazon but its gone back up before pay day :(

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

tinyter28 wrote: »
    Hey,

Have been looking around the UK/ Belfast site

Whats the best deal on a 40-42 TV preferably 1080p with usb playback / HDMI. Between £300-400 or a TV you'd reccommend in the same budget? Will be using it for xbox gaming/movies

I'd probably drive up and get it to save on the delivery. Had seen a super cheap LG for 329 on amazon but its gone back up before pay day :(

Tiny,

thanks for the chance to quote - http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lk450/lg-42lk450 That one would get my vote - new model from LG 1080P, USB Playback , 3 HDMI - ok I know its at the top of your budget but it is an excellent unit - £399.95 / €449.99 (its much more expensive in most shops in the ROI)

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tinyter28

John,

Cheers for the reply, had my eye on that one alright

Was talking to a lad in work and he's looking for something similar as well. Is there many of these in stock? Any deals for buying two? Both from the south and picking up both in one go?

Thanks again

Actually John do you have this model in stock?

UE40C5100

its up for £399

http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/samsung/ue40c5100/sams-ue40c5100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Tiny.

The Samsung isn't one that we stock as they are very difficult to get and we we decided to go for the LG as the sound on the LG is better and they are very similar on the picture front.

If the networking is swaying you then the LG 42LD490 is one to look at.

We have sold lots of the LD490 in various sizes to boardies and although it's an LCD, the picture is excellent on the 490.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back, I think that's a bit too far out of my price range (plus not sure if its saorview? doesn't mention it on there website)

I might go ahead with the LK450 (unless I see it cheaper). Is it possible to pick up in store? Is there much stock available? Lad from work is interested in one too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

We have a couple available but I would need to hold stock for you if you were making a journey.

They are a great TV and well worth the money.

Let me know if you need a couple held.

Cheers.

Dave

Dave,

Cheers for the offer but I've just seen a place down here offering a better deal (also it'd save on diesel getting it)

Unless you guys can beat it i'll prob go local. Not sure if i should post the deal here so let me know and I'll PM you it.

ACTUALLY,

scratch that seen you guys dropped it more... damn that's a tempting price £359 = €400

Hi lads,

Tv has dropped again in amazon. If you guys can't guarantee a better deal when there back in stock I'll have to go with amazon

Let us know asap

Any update on this lads?

Have sent PM to Dave and John Must be busy up North :P :P

Any update on this lads?

Have sent PM to Dave and John Must be busy up North :P :P

Tinyter28,

Unfortunately Dave is off this week and we are running even slower than normal :o So please accept my apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The LG 42LK450 is really excellent value at just £359.95 but stock is really low at the moment and we are awaiting news on further deliveries.

We will keep you posted as we get stock updates,

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep me posted if I can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

no problem john thanks for getting back

Any chance i can reserve one at £359 for collection when it come back in this week?

no problem john thanks for getting back

Any chance i can reserve one at £359 for collection when it come back in this week?

TT,

Dave has already popped one on order for you for collection but as of yet I have no confirmed delivery date - as soon as I see white smoke - we will drop you a line - no escape ;).

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No sign of any stock yet lads?

Got the tv..

Super quick delivery, great customer service and class price! What more could you want.

Will be recommending and buying from richer sounds in the future

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

And recommend he did.... John do you have the model above for £359 still?

And recommend he did.... John do you have the model above for £359 still?

God I love Customer recommendations..

The Current price on the 42LK450 is £379.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lk450/lg-42lk450

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like to order one.

Thanks as ever for the opp to quote and thanks again OP for the rec!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

God I love Customer recommendations..

The Current price on the 42LK450 is £379.95.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42lk450/lg-42lk450

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like to order one.

Thanks as ever for the opp to quote and thanks again OP for the rec!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John

Will you price match other sites, Amazon.co.uk et al ?

Also, what options do you have in the way of wall mounts for this TV? Just a basic one needed...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.