Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabb Cage for garage (pics)

Options
  • 23-06-2011 10:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who has an alarm bell box on their garage,then fit a sabb cage to protect the bell box from thieving scum or kids messing about,who might want to bash it around or hit it with stones.

Secure it to the wall with stainless steel "anti theft" security screws so no scum or kids can whip it off the wall on you.

Pics of a sabb cage,for anyone who doesnt know what a sabb cage is.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Very funny the level just proving the saab is actually level after the debate on here about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Some people on this forum,might not have heard of a sabb cage before,or might not have known what it is for or what it looks like.

They now know what it is and what it looks like.
    Its a well worthwhile bit of hardware too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

crasy dash wrote: »
    Very funny the level just proving the saab is actually level after the debate on here about it

Eh... Going by that level, the cadge is crooked too.

Fred,you are just a gas funny man,you really are,or else just a wind up merchant who has to have the last word.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Fred,you are just a gas funny man,you really are,or else just a wind up merchant who has to have the last word.

Neither Paddy.
    I couldn't give a flying fook if your bell box is like a billiard table or a ski slope. In fact there's a few out there I'm not particularly proud of myself but let's call a spade a spade, that box is crooked. It was made level with the facia which isn't parallel with the head of the garage. At least you could've taken the picture of the spirit level bubble 'at level' for illustration purposes of course.

The other day jnealon questioned that the box needed a cadge as it was so low. All of a sudden you had a thread up about how important it is to have a cadge on your bell box.

Gave me a laugh Paddy TBH.

• Advertisement

Neither Paddy.
    I couldn't give a flying fook if your bell box is like a billiard table or a ski slope. In fact there's a few out there I'm not particularly proud of myself but let's call a spade a spade, that box is crooked. It was made level with the facia which isn't parallel with the head of the garage. At least you could've taken the picture of the spirit level bubble 'at level' for illustration purposes of course.

The other day jnealon questioned that the box needed a cadge as it was so low. All of a sudden you had a thread up about how important it is to have a cadge on your bell box.

Gave me a laugh Paddy TBH.

What exactly is your point to all this,with this carry on of yours now??????:confused:

I stated in the previous thread the the alarm installer said about puting up a sabb cage,but I decided agsinst it at the time (extra cost ).A few days later after the installer wired up the garage for me,I asked him to come back,as I admited that he was right and I was wrong.I got the extra money for the cage to be bought and fitted.

I had taken pics of the sabb cage allready ( I take pics of everything related to my house).

The pic of the spirit level on the sabb cage was taken to actually show people like "you",that infact it was level.

Its 10.5 feet up on an bumpy externally dashed wall.

The bubble is clearly with in the level marking ,so therefore it is level.

Did you ever stop to look and think that the pic was taken 10.5 feet up in the air on a ladder.

No,you didnt,but you just like to have the last word on it,as you seem to know it all.

The spirit level tells the story,belueve it dont believe,but a picture and a spirit level says more than a thousand words.

Regards

P.S) Oh and Ive no need or wish to question your work,as Im not like you.

Neither Paddy.
    I couldn't give a flying fook if your bell box is like a billiard table or a ski slope..

Yet you have to make a big song and dance about it in the very 1st instance with your posts.

Bit hypocritical of you when you say the above.
    In fact there's a few out there I'm not particularly proud of myself .

Well then leave it be and end of the matter,seen as you are not that proud of "your own work".

regards.

Paddy, I think you're getting a bit emotional.
    I stated in the previous thread the the alarm installer said about puting up a sabb cage,but I decided agsinst it at the time (extra cost ).A few days later after the installer wired up the garage for me,I asked him to come back,as I admited that he was right and I was wrong.I got the extra money for the cage to be bought and fitted.

He was right, you were wrong? I thought it was down to money?
    The pic of the spirit level on the sabb cage was taken to actually show people like "you",that infact it was level.

Take another look Paddy. If you think the level shows 'level', you're grossly mistaken.
    Its 10.5 feet up on an bumpy externally dashed wall.

Are you saying it's not level because it's 10.5 feet up and on dashing?

What's your point? are you now saying that it's not level? :confused:

Did you ever stop to look and think that the pic was taken 10.5 feet up in the air on a ladder.

What difference does that make. :confused:
    No,you didnt,but you just like to have the last word on it,as you seem to know it all.

The spirit level tells the story,belueve it dont believe,but a picture and a spirit level says more than a thousand words.

Sorry Paddy but that sentence made my laugh out loud.
    P.S) Oh and Ive no need or wish to question your work,as Im not like you.

No, no you're not like me Paddy.
    Yet you have to make a big song and dance about it in the very 1st instance with your posts.

What song and dance?

You started the thread, am I not allowed to comment on a thread?

Bit hypocritical of you when you say the above.

Not really. I'm being honest. There are a few boxes out there that I have driven past after the installation and noticed the box being a little off even though at the time I thought it was bang on.

The difference is, I'm man enough to admit it and I don't post a picture of it on the net and argue that it's straight as a die when it isn't.

I have full faith in what I posted and showed in the pics,as I know it to be fact/real and the truth.
    To anyone reading this,well you are free to argue and say that its not right or its this that or the other.

Wow,its really crooked,isnt it.The 2 spirit levels must be wrong,theres no way its level,it cant be level.

Oh and a pic of a security/anti theft screw,for anyone who doesnt know what 1 looks like.many variations of them,but this is 1 of them anyway.:)

• Advertisement

OK Paddy this is getting ridiculous.

Exhibit A.

This is the picture you posted in your first post. The bubble is clearly 'off centre' and to the right which means the cadge is crooked,in fact the bubble is nearly touching the line, down on the left or up on the right, whichever you prefer.

DSCF8840.jpg

Exhibit B.

This is the picture that you posted today. This is a level that is in fact 'level' unlike the first picture. Are you claiming that you didn't adjust the cadge Paddy?

DSCF8865.jpg

Fred,there was and is no adjustment,as the cage is drilled/secured into the wall and held in place with 8 anti theft/security screws,so there is no room for adjustment......zoom in to look at the 1st pic and you will clearly see that it is level,like I said the camera angle is and was off.You seem to be looking through the level sight at the mark on the far side of the bubble sight in the 1st pic.The camera angle is off,as I have stated several times now,and its clearly visable too.

The 2nd spirit level was used just to prove and make verify/sure that the 1st spirit level wasnt defective,both spirit levels are bang on the money.

Fred,both spirit levels used show the cage to be level,simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

OK Paddy this is getting ridiculous.

Exhibit A.

This is the picture you posted in your first post. The bubble is clearly 'off centre' and to the right which means the cadge is crooked,in fact the bubble is nearly touching the line, down on the left or up on the right, whichever you prefer.

DSCF8840.jpg

Exhibit B.

This is the picture that you posted today. This is a level that is in fact 'level' unlike the first picture. Are you claiming that you didn't adjust the cadge Paddy?

DSCF8865.jpg

Give over Fred, I nearly fell off the chair laughing :p

Maybe your chair was like your bell, that's why you fell off. :rolleyes:

Maybe your chair was like your bell, that's why you fell off. :rolleyes:

I started this thread to show people what a sabb cage looks like and how its fitted.This was and is for the benifit of anyone who might not be an alarm installer but who may have an alarm on their garage/workshop that is getting vandalized by thieves or bored kids with nothing better to do.

I didnt start this thread for it to become a bitchfest.You also seem to have an issue with my posts and pics that I have posted too,why I dont know,but the posts and pics show and explain it how it is level,yet you still fail to see that or accept that.

I really dont know what your problem is now,but its getting to a stage of pointlessness now.It has been pointed out to you and also shown to you,with pics aswell here.
    The pictures that I have posted show that with 2 different spirit levels,that it is level.

Theres also no need at all to be mocking or personaly attacking other people on this forum.
    So can you just leave it be now.

Thanks.

Hey look Paddy, let's agree to disagree. You think it was straight I think it was crooked. No hard feelings...hey?

Hey look Paddy, let's agree to disagree. You think it was straight I think it was crooked. No hard feelings...hey?

I know its level/straight,as the pics show,and you still think different and better.You have an answer for what ever is posted or shown by me,you just seem to want to argue everything that I post or show.

I didnt post this thread for that purpose.This was supposed to be a helpfull thread for others.

I also think that you are out of line with your last post.No need for it at all.

Ive nothing more to say on this.

Can a moderator please wrap this thread up now and close it.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am closing this now!.
    Not because of what paddy posted. In fact that gets you an infraction for back seat modding.

If you feel something in a post was offensive please use the report post function only.Do not get into discussions about it on thread
    But this is going nowhere. The point Fred makes is valid , the 2 pics do show different readings on the level.
    However its irrelevant for something the size of an SABB. If you were putting up something 10m -20m then I would worry about it.
    Certainly not something for ye all to be falling out over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement