Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabb Cage for garage (pics)

• 23-06-2011 10:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who has an alarm bell box on their garage,then fit a sabb cage to protect the bell box from thieving scum or kids messing about,who might want to bash it around or hit it with stones.

Secure it to the wall with stainless steel "anti theft" security screws so no scum or kids can whip it off the wall on you.

Pics of a sabb cage,for anyone who doesnt know what a sabb cage is.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Seriously, people won't rob yer house because of an alarm on it, but they'll rob the bell box?

Must be hard times for thieves.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Even better put a fake bell box on the wall & the real one in the loft. Scanger climbs ladder, fills box with foam, goes to break in & the alarm goes off. :D

It's always better to do the unexpected like putting one cctv camera on view & hiding the others - catches people off guard.

I once ran some wire from a friends house to the nearby telegraph pole. Someone cut the wire & then found out, after the police arrived, that the alarm was connected to the phone by an underground cable !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Seriously, people won't rob yer house because of an alarm on it, but they'll rob the bell box?

Must be hard times for thieves.....

I didnt say that at all and thats not my point either.

But the thieves all like to think that they can tamper with the bell box if its low enough down to ground level,like on a garage wall.

Same with the kids,they sometimes will like to try and whack it off the wall with sticks or stones,out of sheer boredom.

I have not had any of the above problems yet (touch wood) but I know of people who keep on getting alarm bell boxes on their garage lock ups smashed in due to thieveing scum and bored kids with nothing better to do.

So I just posted the pics to show people what a sabb cage is and how to fit it and protect the alarm bell box.(anti theft security screws)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Fair point, never thought of it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Fair point, never thought of it that way.

Should someone with that screename be allowed to post regarding alarms - or are you speaking from experience :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement