Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ya, getting up early is great! i did that for my junior cert and I have done it ever since!! :L It really backs up everything you know :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

This scares me. One saturday in April I did 8 hours study from 10am to 6pm with like 2 5mins breaks. AND I WAS ONLY IN FIFTH YEAR

Man thats crazy¬¬¬ I couldnt study this year really at all but im doing bits now! What types of revision are ye guys doing>?? Like in english I'm reading over some new poets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I never measure my study in hours, it just doesn't work for me. I just play it by ear, doing as much as I feel I need to and am able to do, and it's always worked for me. Obviously I'll be doing a bit more than normal this year, but I'm not going to freak out by saying that I need to do a certain amount of hours a day, I'll just get burnt out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I've started on chemistry and maths, but thats because course wise we're super behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I've just been doing languages and emailing work weekly, nothing too hectic!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

a little bit of this and that is all ye need :D
    well- except if you were like me and did sweet FA during fifth year :pac:
    so i'm stuck doing a lot of things, from writing up quotes and poetry notes to rewriting aistes and irish questions :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

You'll get into 6th year and realise that its the exact same as 5th year and half of yous here wont do half as much study as yous are saying yous will..
    its all great going in with these plans and all but if u studied a good bit in 5th year you might end up as i did, which was totally unmotivated..
    but good luck to the lot of yous anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Just beware of burnout, dont do too much before christmas! I worked hard before christmas last year, then when i tried to get back into it after i just felt burnt out and struggled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaunah44

Well it's a bit early but sure why not :rolleyes:

General discussion thread for the leaving cert class of 2012..:pac:

What subjects ye doing?

How much study are ye doing?

Whats the plan after the leaving cert?

How's the social life? :cool:

etc....etc

I;m only going into 5th year now. But I just wanted to ask a question. Do you know if i wanted to go to college and do enviornmental studies etc would i need a science, because i'm not doing one, Also do you think it's a bad idea not to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Wait why the fcuk am I looking at a thread about the LC when I have just finished the cnut of a yoke. Aargh.

One bit of advice though - make the next year of your life as easy as possible. The LC is only a passport to university and nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

5-6 hours is crazy in September, I've just finished the lc and well, to be frank it's ridiculous. Ease yourself back into the routine, choose where you are most comfortable studying (school, home... wherever). Don't burn out. Do the work your teachers prescribe, they give it for a reason and relax. I did very little for the first couple of months of leaving cert. As I progressed I moved from 1 hour of study right up to 14 hours at one point in may, then I started freaking out even though I put in more work than the majority. It's really not healthy, I wouldn't advise doing mad hours. Also the hours system is an ideal, it doesn't really work. Life is what happens while you're busy making plans, e.g if you're writing an Irish answer and you come up to the 3 hour mark you don't say "well that's my 3 hours put in" you finish the damn answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Doing English, Irish, Maths(pass), German, Ag. Science, Business, History, LCVP. Done no study over the summer due to work/laziness. Would like to get 430 points. Left anything out? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Jesus, reading through this has just depressed me... I did f*ck all in 5th year and was planning 3 hours max before Christmas.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

I posted this in the 5th year thread but I'm guessing this is where ye all hang out nowadays :p

Can anyone tell me what are the case studies for the document q of the 2012 history paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

French.German.Music.Business.English.Irish.Maths OL.
    Maybe done 4 hours study the whole summer...im not gonna kill myself this year need 500...but i love my subjects so i find them easy to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Doing the 3 obvious subjects and History, Biology, Geography and Home Economics. All higher except maths:) Hoping for 500 points but it's kind of optimistic, got 490 points at Christmas, 475 points in the summer ones.

I have to start my History project tonight or tomorrow because my History teacher wants work started on them before the day we go back...:(

(Teenagedream, I'll have a look tonight and see if I have them written down anywhere in case nobody else gets back to you. I'm curious too!)

History is such a lonely subject, there are only 7 in my class :L

Nicole. wrote: »
    I have to start my History project tonight or tomorrow because my History teacher wants work started on them before the day we go back...:(
    Finished ours in 5th year, they were part of our Summer test marking. I heard they mark History easier than other subjects because there are so few doing it. Probably BS, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

13spanner wrote: »
    Finished ours in 5th year, they were part of our Summer test marking. I heard they mark History easier than other subjects because there are so few doing it. Probably BS, probably.

You're so lucky!:) Our teacher tried to get us to do ours during the year but we know we can get around her so we didn't do anything :rolleyes: I concur, BS, it's all about the way you write your work, not so much on the facts and spellings are a major pain!:pac: I often had all the facts that I needed, except my English wasn't up to scratch as I was caught for time in the tests so I ended up with B3s and C1s. Grr:)

Teenagedream, I have British withdrawl from India 1945-1947, the succession of the Katanga 1960-1965 and Race relations in France in the 1980s written down as the case studies. Any of them sound familiar?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Wrong Forum!

• Advertisement

Anyone here do Music? What are ye goiing to do for the 2012 Practical?? :L :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

You're so lucky!:) Our teacher tried to get us to do ours during the year but we know we can get around her so we didn't do anything :rolleyes: I concur, BS, it's all about the way you write your work, not so much on the facts and spellings are a major pain!:pac: I often had all the facts that I needed, except my English wasn't up to scratch as I was caught for time in the tests so I ended up with B3s and C1s. Grr:)

Teenagedream, I have British withdrawl from India 1945-1947, the succession of the Katanga 1960-1965 and Race relations in France in the 1980s written down as the case studies. Any of them sound familiar?:)

Thanks a mill. I actually did my leaving cert this year but I have a few people looking for grinds so I said I'd read up on some of this.

B3's arent bad :) you've plenty time to be hitting B1's or higher with work!

We did Irish history 1st and then American. I'm not looking forward to revising the Irish bit as I found it hard going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Anyone here do Music? What are ye goiing to do for the 2012 Practical?? :L :D

I do music! :). I meant to get my pieces together this summer for the exam, but that never happened...
    I play piano, what do you play?

I do music! smile.gif. I meant to get my pieces together this summer for the exam, but that never happened...
    I play piano, what do you play?

Ya? Cool!! I would love to be able to play the piano properly!! I play Violin and clarinet! But I amn't sure fi I'd do 8 pieces (violin and clarinet) or 6 violiun ones fr the practical!! I was also supposed to find my pieces this summer too... Oh well.. :L Are you doing sightreading for your unprepared??

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Ya? Cool!! I would love to be able to play the piano properly!! I play Violin and clarinet! But I amn't sure fi I'd do 8 pieces (violin and clarinet) or 6 violiun ones fr the practical!! I was also supposed to find my pieces this summer too... Oh well.. :L Are you doing sightreading for your unprepared??

God 8 pieces is an awful lot! I have a violin, but i can't play it properly :P
    I probably will do sightreading, after doing piano exams it shouldn't be too bad :) is that what you'll do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I do music too :) Going to be playing 4 pieces on drums and do music technology for the other 4. I had to get the drum pieces sorted out with my teacher over the summer because I'm giving up lessons for 6th year. Hopefully they'll be alright :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

I have most of my practical sorted
    Piano
    Andante Cantible
    Innisheer
    Sittin on the dock of the bay

Singing
    Bring Him Home- Les Mis
    Amarilli Mia Bella-Some italien guy
    Annachie Gordon traditional song
    Mash up of "that i would be good" by alannis morrisette and "use somebody" kings of leon....the last one is my risky choice...

Pity we have a crap music teacher...we only have bach and queen done outta the works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who didn't open a book all summer...

• Advertisement

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Pity we have a crap music teacher...we only have bach and queen done outta the works

So have we! And i couldn't tell you anything about them... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement