Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards server ??

Options
  • 24-06-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

any interest lads ?? ill self host on a spare pc ( nothing special but will be stable and have a very low ping :D )

Strictly no Ace though, but a bit of Domi would be some craic.

get 10-15 heads together in the next month or two id be happy as larry.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ye be well up for it, miss our server

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

list what you want and ill make it happen to the best of my ability's ( providing i have time, custom missions and such aren't out of the question, maybe a arma II free server too ? )

ask you may receive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We want to pay for one just a bit disorganised of late :( (somone let max have real guns) we have an empty mumble server which the KK lads owe mick €3 for :D

Stick up Domi Fallujah and morrow night we try some drunken shengigans(after match).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, I'm deffo up for it, I just don't have as much time as I had before

Hold your horses, whats your connection? No way you'll host anymore than 4 on a home connection. 15 players would need upto 20mbit upload uncontended

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Hold your horses, whats your connection? No way you'll host anymore than 4 on a home connection. 15 players would need upto 20mbit upload uncontended

100 mb, dedicated to this pc, 100 to my other. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Who's interested in getting a new server and I'll get the ball rolling.

Pdfile wrote: »
    100 mb, dedicated to this pc, 100 to my other. :pac:

Nice, whats your upload? Is that contended?

Now you understand it needs a hefty modern pc (core 2 minimum). It runs all AI on a single core, thrashing that core.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah I miss having the server too. I'm having to make do with real guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Are u setting up a game tonight?

• Advertisement

Who's interested in getting a new server and I'll get the ball rolling.

me, like i said ill host it and do all configs as needed, like i said also, list what you want ( mission, addon's etc etc ) and ill sort that out too,

you have a TS ready to go afaik so lets get crackin !

also yes, i have a spare amd phemenon-BE pc ( running 4 or 6 gb ddrII ) which is ok for the task at hand, if this becomes serious ill put linsux on it and over clock it to within an inch of its life.

my up and down is 100ish depending on generic criteria, packet loss etc etc which is to be expected.

Also i should add, jokes and such are great on a given server but any trolling/noobish behavior of any sort that gets out of hand gets a perma ban; no exceptions ( unless your terry, he kicks ass )

That should be fine. Let me know if you need any help getting it setup i'll pm my skype or google talk id, I've setup a few and know how to tweak them.

My setam is:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pog22/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We have a mumble server.

I about all day if anyone wants to play soem Domination.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120982

Advertisement