Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday for fun and learn the irish language?

• 24-06-2011 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello i am 23 years of age and have returned to 5th year in secondary school and will sit the leaving cert next year..i am off now for the summer and would like to go on a productive holiday for a week somewhere in Ireland where i can be gaurenteed a fun time while learning the Irish language..has anybody got any suggestions or ideas that may help me.
    thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

I don't know much about the details of it but the Gealtach might be something to look into? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rosm

yes thanks for your reply.im looking at different courses at the moment but there either for students aged 12-18 or adults of any age but the activites dont look as fun as they would be in the younger gaeltacht courses.hill walking and basket making are not what im looking for..surfing and partying is what im after!!

thanks for your reply..i see your worried about irish.im the same so im looking for fun ways to learn the language..im sure you saw the irish phrases thread the poster made a really good point...learn one new phrase every day up until the exam and you will do well.pritty intense but worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

rosm wrote: »
    yes thanks for your reply.im looking at different courses at the moment but there either for students aged 12-18 or adults of any age but the activites dont look as fun as they would be in the younger gaeltacht courses.hill walking and basket making are not what im looking for..surfing and partying is what im after!!

Maybe just go off with a friend or 2 (who have good Irish) to the Aran Islands or somewhere for a week or 2 and just speak Irish! The locals will speak Irish to you if you speak it to them!

that is the great idea thanks for your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pakia

Irish words

Basic words

Thank you: Go raibh maith agat
    You're welcome: Tá fáilte romhat
    Hello: Dia dhuit
    What is your name?: Cad is ainm duit?
    My name is Judith Flynn: Judith Flynn is ainm dom
    How are you?: Conas tá tú?

Advertisement