Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please give me some advice on summer job

Options
  • 24-06-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys, need a little help here.
    A college student is looking for a summer job in Lifford,Strabane,Ballybofey areas.I thought about to send CV to ASDA located in Strabane as the huge grocery store may have a chance to get job in there? what do you think?
    Just want to find out how hard it is to get a job at this stage or would you recommend me to get the job in somewhere else?
    Please do not hesitate to give your thoughts. Really Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

the only way to find out if you can get a job is to apply.
    Dont sit around and think about it, just do it.
    Dont be shy about it either, follow up with a phonecall to see if they got your application.
    Its not easy to get a job in the area, probably the highest unemployment rate in the country in the finn valley.
    Thats not to say that there are a few places hiring. Try hotels in Ballybofey maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i know donegal town is probably to far away but abbotts was taking on students for the summer on proper pay not low rate student pay like most other places take advantage off

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭xiuzhen

anymore suggestion please coming.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Here's a suggestion: Don't ask for places that you could get a job, because there's plenty of us that are looking for one too. Just ask in places in your locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Best time to look for a summer job is about Easter. I work in the pub trade and most summer staff have their cv in by then. They are then trained in by the time the busy period comes around. I got at least 3 students a day coming in with cvs every day last week.
    I know this is not the info you were looking for but it might be something to bear in mind for future reference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement