Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Prices in Sligo

Options
  • 24-06-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

I bought diesel this evening in Rathowen for 1.369 per litre. What the hell is going on in Sligo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Say what with the who now?

Do you mean that as in cheap, or expensive?

Mine is currently 1.373 with DCI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

If your driving in Sligo and you look up at the signs outside the filling stations dotted around the town, you'll answer your own question. There's obviously something going on when operators in several other towns are always cheaper than every operator in Sligo.

Depends where you are really. Sligo Fuels on the quay and mccormacks on mail coach road are generally the cheapest in town.

As an example, the closer the border you get the more expensive it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I know OP, I bought a kitkat the other day and it was 89 cents. You got way better value for money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Chipboard wrote: »
    If your driving in Sligo and you look up at the signs outside the filling stations dotted around the town, you'll answer your own question. There's obviously something going on when operators in several other towns are always cheaper than every operator in Sligo.
    its called cost further away from the ports dublin,cork etc we pay more due to transport and so on..

• Advertisement

its called cost further away from the ports dublin,cork etc we pay more due to transport and so on..

Shag all to do with it tbh, you can get cheaper fuel in Mayo. Same goes for Drink, you can get a cheaper pint in Klilybegs than you can in Dublin. The former has a lot further to travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 redforest101

i have been in county donegal recently and have found prices are cheaper also any station on the road to dublin is cheaper,
    it seems the price fixing the the national papers alluded to in past has come back.
    the only way to get the message through to these people is to vote with your pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

You should have turned off for Mullingar and stopped in at Tesco's, lot cheaper than Rathowen, I agree, Sligo is a ripoff.

Advertisement