Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig

Options
  • 24-06-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

I just noticed my sig was removed, can I ask why?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Your sig contained a referral link, which is not permitted. The signature rules can be found here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You mean a referral link to my blog?

I've seen other posters with links to their sites in their signatures, nothing was said to them or any action taken against them so I don't understand why I was picked out.:confused:

Trust me, it's not personal. We don't necessarily see every sig so we rely on them being reported when they break the rules and we act on them once they've been reported. If other sigs with links that are not permitted are reported they will be removed as well.

Zaph wrote: »
    Trust me, it's not personal. We don't necessarily see every sig so we rely on them being reported when they break the rules and we act on them once they've been reported. If other sigs with links that are not permitted are reported they will be removed as well.
    Thanks Zaph.

I apologise for my previous post I worded it wrong, when I said
    I don't understand why I was picked out.

I didn't mean it as in you picked on me specifically, I apologise for how I came across.

I do understand it isn't personal, but I am curious as to why links to members websites aren't allowed in signatures, can you explain to me please?

Thanks.

Don't worry, I know you didn't mean that you felt you were being picked on. :)

We don't allow referral links because they are essentially designed to generate more traffic for other sites by offering inducements such as discounts or cash refunds. Call it what you like, but it's a form of advertising, and as I'm sure you know we don't permit advertising on boards.

• Advertisement

Thanks for explaining Zaph, much appreciated.

You're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement