Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermitage Green

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I heard tonight was their last night until August

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Well if you can find them on youtube there not hard to find on google.Nothing special about them if they didnt have a Munster rugby connection they wouldnt be getting gigs but suppose they are using it and getting gigs

http://www.facebook.com/hermitagegreen

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

bigpink wrote: »
    Well if you can find them on youtube there not hard to find on google.Nothing special about them if they didnt have a Munster rugby connection they wouldnt be getting gigs but suppose they are using it and getting gigs

http://www.facebook.com/hermitagegreen

The optimism and positiveness of all things in life is outstanding!!!!!

Its true tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

:):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I see the old begrudgery is out in full force. Sounds like a bit of the Green eyed monster. So what if they have the Rugby connection, the fact is if they were shíte they wouldnt be getting repeat gigs.

I for one think they are quite good and its great to see some lads from Limerick making a name for themselves.

:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Wasn't even aware of a rugby connection to be honest. They play quite a bit in the Curragower and have been very good every time I seen them. Not quite sure what nights but im sure it would be advertised there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Play in the office regularly too.

They usually play the Curragower on Sundays evenings, and a great way to pass a Sunday evening too..

I think they play in the Office on Saturdays and some Thursdays if I'm not mistaken. They update their Facebook page anyways with gigs...

The left handed guitar player with them is pretty good on the guitar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

seachto7 wrote: »
    They usually play the Curragower on Sundays evenings, and a great way to pass a Sunday evening too..

I think they play in the Office on Saturdays and some Thursdays if I'm not mistaken. They update their Facebook page anyways with gigs...

The left handed guitar player with them is pretty good on the guitar....

Darragh Griffin is his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

jesus, get over yourself :rolleyes::rolleyes: I never said they were bad at all, read my post again.

Edit: I wonder if they were playing with Limerick FC would they get the same attention? So, what does that say about Limerick? Or am I just being too cynical???

A publican only cares about clientele spending money in his or her pub, period.

It seems one can't say "boo" about Limerick these days....

If they were only playing FIFA on xbox I'd still wanna go see em!! They're great craic, friendly and talented lads! Typical :rolleyes: If they were sh*te nobody would go see em! They're not being booked just because of Munster.

Reason for editing: Acting the gowl

:[ :[ :[ :[ :[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seen them once live and thought they were a decent cover band. Actually did not know about the rugby connection until this thread, not that it makes any difference to my opinion about them as a cover band.

If they threw in a few Anthrax covers, it would be fantastic. No doubt the ciotóg could pull it off on his axe!

I watched their Rod Y Gab cover on youtube. This one always stood out (to me) as the better one in their set....

It's also a good sign, no matter what the comments are, when you get a thread started about you on boards........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moloram

@Chavways, yup. that's him. He's the best out of em imo...

@SarahBeep, I don't believe you :)

"They're not being booked just because of Munster."

Then why does every gig poster for them have "Hermitage Green featuring Barry Murphy and Felix Jones of Munster"??

Magners League final: Hermitage Green featuring Munster V Leinster :):):)

More power to 'em!

A mate of mine is friends with three of the lads in HG and apparently -
    1) They have never had a poster for a gig that mentioned Barry Murphy, Felix Jones or Munster rugby.
    2) They were never on stage before Mumford and Sons

So not only are you slightly begrudging them because of their reputations from rugby, you're actually criticising them for things they've never done! I really like the band, not because of their "muscles" and "rugby connection" but because they do something creative and original with their covers instead of churning out the same old stuff that other bands do. As a cover band they stand alone in that sense. Negative negative negative!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If they threw in a few Anthrax covers, it would be fantastic. No doubt the ciotóg could pull it off on his axe!

I watched their Rod Y Gab cover on youtube. This one always stood out (to me) as the better one in their set....

It's also a good sign, no matter what the comments are, when you get a thread started about you on boards........

Depends on whether the singer sounded more like John Bush or Joey Belladonna tbh. :D

:):):):(:(:(

1) and 2) Yes they did. That's fact. Have you been living under a rock? They supported Mumford and Sons, and had posters in Dolans bigging up the rugby connection for other gig, as I saw it, which is fine, so you're talking through your a*s lad. Just Google an interview where they talk about supporting Mumford....
    Are you sure your friend of a friend of a friend is really a mate, or met them once, and thinks he's a mate?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll do it for you if you lsoe your way around the internet:

http://www.limelitemag.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97:hermitage-green-interview&catid=49:interviews&Itemid=80

Nice Facepalm of a first post too!

Sorry thats not "fact"- what they were referring to in the Limelite interview was a spontaneous session that took place in a small room in Dolans upstairs after the Mumford & Sons gig- as far as I know three of the lads from HG got to jam with the band along with about 30 other very lucky people. Not a support slot. Im sure if you dig deep enough your proficient internet skills will find this is true (its spelt "lose" btw).
    And the other gig you are talking about was a fundraiser for Munster strength & conditioning coach Paul Darbyshire who passed away last week. So the Munster connection on that poster would have been fairly necessary wouldnt it?
    I eagerly look forward to your 1668th post- leading the way in slanderous, bitter contributions you are!

:):):):):):):):):):)

Reason for editing: Trolling. Acting the Gowl. Trying to Stir Sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 piazzola

Hi,

I play with Hermitage Green. The band did not support Mumford & Sons. We did support the Saw Doctors in Dolans a few weeks ago and played original material live for the first time, so maybe thats where you heard it.
    The main reason I wanted to post was about people saying we make posters for our gigs saying "featuring Munsters' Barry Murphy and Felix Jones". This is something we would never ever do and goes against everything we are about... and we take offence to anyone proliferating that kind of nonsense to be honest.
    And lastly, although Im no hoard of screaming girls- if the Limerick team came out and said they were starting a band Id be there with bells on for a look!

a thread about you is a good sign....

Ha ha eat your words seachto!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

piazzola wrote: »
    Hi,

I play with Hermitage Green. The band did not support Mumford & Sons. We did support the Saw Doctors in Dolans a few weeks ago and played original material live for the first time, so maybe thats where you heard it.
    The main reason I wanted to post was about people saying we make posters for our gigs saying "featuring Munsters' Barry Murphy and Felix Jones". This is something we would never ever do and goes against everything we are about... and we take offence to anyone proliferating that kind of nonsense to be honest.
    And lastly, although Im no hoard of screaming girls- if the Limerick team came out and said they were starting a band Id be there with bells on for a look!

It would usher in a new era for the hitherto alpha-male GAA, Donal Og has broken down the dam walls! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 littledave2

Here's a fresh video of the lads playing one of their own songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzyctVRCxw&feature=player_embedded

good quality video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

nice original work there!
    keep it up and screw the begrudgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

The is another couple of originals. I prefer these to the one above but the quality isnt as good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXmphR1NysI&feature=related

Seen them a few times decent enough band warmed to them

There playing in Dublin this Thursday night and have sold out a venue called Buck Whaleys my friend is going and she was asking me to go

So if there selling out a venue at 10 euro a ticket must be going the original direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

They're fairly rough, to be fair!

Advertisement