Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek's Donkeys and Other Bets.

Options

Comments

Derek! wrote: »
    Duchess Dora 5:10 Ascot Tomorrow
    6/1

€10 Win, Potential return €70
    Another loser, maybe I should turn this into a lay log when I think about bettin on somethin :(

I thought 'twas a great bet tbh, not our fault the bastad favourite took to the ease in the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

ft9 wrote: »
    Pm me if you do and let me know will ya, cause thats when they will start winning! :D

Chin up!

Lol that would be typical of my luck if my lay bets started winnin, thanks though i'll keep tryin ;)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    I thought 'twas a great bet tbh, not our fault the bastad favourite took to the ease in the ground :)

That's true, I was very confident of Duchess Dora winnin the race but it wasn't to be :rolleyes:

Green Destiny 3:10 Goodwood
    11/4

€10 Win, Potential Return €37.50

Sagramor 3:10 Goodwood
    13/2

€5 Win, Potential Return €37.50

If both of these lose, which is probably inevitable :rolleyes: although there drawn well, then i'll probably paper trade on the horses for a while to try and improve. Sick of gettin close but no cigar :mad:

Last roll of the dice before I start paper tradin the horses after another disaster earlier.

4 or more Goals in the Man City Match tomorrow

€100 @ 6/4, Potential return €250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Big bet tomorrow. Good luck Derek

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed there are four goal in the first half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

4 goals for City in the 1st half please!:D And an attendence of 1,000 or so would bring a smile to my face too

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Big bet tomorrow. Good luck Derek
    4 goals for City in the 1st half please!:D And an attendence of 1,000 or so would bring a smile to my face too

Thanks men, hopefully the bet wins handy enough :)
    United destroyed an Airtricity team before so hopefully we see plenty of goals and a similar result for all our bets :D

I won't be having a bet in it, don't want you having too much of a sweat though waiting for the 4th :D

I won't be having a bet in it, don't want you having too much of a sweat though waiting for the 4th :D
    Thanks, hopefully it will be as painless as possible :)

And so begins the paper trade, have to say i'm lookin forward to this bit, no more damage can be done :p and it might eventually help.

I may or may not back the odd one of these but win or lose they obviously wont count towards my log. Just wanna see how I do without losin money (again)

Newmarket 2:20
    Watneya 12/1 €5 e/w

Goodwood 2:35

Harlestone Times 6/1 €5 win

• Advertisement

From this thread there's nothing at all wrong with your selections, knock out the accums and stick to singles with a dare I say sensible staking plan and you'd get weeks and weeks from a betting bank of 50 and more than likely grow it I'd say :)

I think your right you know, lookin back over it i'd be a lot better off if I had of been doin singles and with a staking plan.
    Nice one

Staking plans are a pain in the arse as we all know :pac: Necessary evil though, huge help in keeping the discipline, a staking plan and a realisation that lots of losers on the trot are all part of this lark and are essential in keeping the head above water :)

Staking plans are a pain in the arse as we all know :pac: Necessary evil though, huge help in keeping the discipline, a staking plan and a realisation that lots of losers on the trot are all part of this lark and are essential in keeping the head above water :)
    Very good point again there James, what sort of staking plan would you suggest?

Still part of the paper tradin

Saxonette 5 e/w 12/1
    Hamilton 8.10

Very good point again there James, what sort of staking plan would you suggest?

Well as mentioned I do hate the things so my idea of a staking plan is a fairly crude yoke, I thought the bets I've quoted below were suitable for a betting bank of about €200, except ideally I reckon you should ditch the e/w bets and go win only, easier said than done and it's something I find very hard to do myself as anyone who peaks into my log can see. Max bet €10, most of them €5 or €2.50, that way starting out with the €200 you can say, right I can have 5 x €10 bets, 10 x €10 bets and 20 x €2.50 bets, that's 35 bets. Worst case scenario you have 35 losing bets on the trot, if you start chasing losses you use up all 5 of your €10 bets very quickly, stick to your plan and you won't do that as you'll value those €10 bets more and want to keep them for the yokes you really fancy, the staking plan thing does take your betting to the next level in fairness to it if you stick to it, you really really weigh up things much more critically. Well worth trying out, even as a paper trade exercise.

I enjoy tryin to pick winners in horse racin but I'm not very good at it which explains the tiny stakes

3:25 Doncaster
    Rare Ruby 6/1
    €2.50
    Each way

6:50 Newcastle
    Opera Gal 6/1
    €2.50 Each way

Total bet so far €10.00
    Ok for this bet I thought I would try out doin a very small write up explainin why I'm pickin this horse in the hope that it might help.

8:10 Stratford Lodgician 6/1 (GP)

€5.00 Win
    Duchess Dora 5:10 Ascot Tomorrow
    6/1

€10 Win, Potential return €70

Thanks maybe next time I start a log i'll work from a bank and see how it goes :)

Seldom in the 9.10 at Hamilton for me @ 4/1 (paper trade)
    up 2 lb for a win 12 days ago but has a 7 lb claimer on board

Just tried to log into my William Hill account to find out it's been "locked" WTF? They didn't even have the decency to send me an email explainin why :mad:

Edit: They replied
    "Hi Derek,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your account was locked due to password problems and has now been reset, so if you are happy with the password you should experience no further problems when attempting to log in. Please note that the password must be between 6-15 characters so if you are entering a longer password the account will lock" em no it hasn't been reset at all cause I just logged in now with the password I always had :confused::confused::confused:

Anyway some more PT from me

4:00 Newton Abbot
    Taroum @ 5/1

7:55 Carlisle
    Sunnyside Tom @ 13/2

Time to sort out the disaster that is my log.
    The moral of the story is €300 in bets and only €39 returned
    Loss of €261 :o

I'm to fcukin stubborn to give up on it though :p

Hopefully when the rest of the football comes back i'll get my act together!

I'll try a bit more practice without puttin money down and see how we go :)

Flamengo vs Atlético PR

In these 2 teams last 5 games there has been an average of 3 goals in each.
    Flamengo are top of the Brazilian league and Atlético PR are 19th and concede a lot so there must be a gulf in class.
    All things considered i'll go for over 2.5 goals @ 10/11 (PT)

Edit: Half time now 0-0, there has defo been enough chances for some goals but for the poor finishin.
    I'm glad I didn't have money on this one, these players couldn't finish their dinner never mind a chance.
    And Flamengo are the top team at the moment? lol, doesn't say a lot for Brazils clubs.

• Advertisement

Back to real money again (hopefully not throwin more away)

Man City v Swansea City
    Over 2.5 goals @ 1.98

€30, Potential Return €59.40

Best of luck with that bet, it makes Man City -2 in PaddyPower at 13/5 look a big enough price. Obviously Swansea goals will help yours along too though.

Thanks James I'm gonna need it, did you do any bets for tonight?

Did two as per my other log. In real cash have both of them in a €5 ew double so fingers crossed the longshot is at least placed. To my shame I backed my latest home and hosed selection (virtual log I have, you may have seen it) at 4/7 with cash in my local. The cashier who knows me for at least two years was in shock, I hardly ever do such bets :pac:

Did two as per my other log. In real cash have both of them in a €5 ew double so fingers crossed the longshot is at least placed. To my shame I backed my latest home and hosed selection (virtual log I have, you may have seen it) at 4/7 with cash in my local. The cashier who knows me for at least two years was in shock, I hardly ever do such bets :pac:
    Ah well I'm sure youl get a nice return for your money if it comes in :)
    My bet on the other hand doesn't look good, wastin ba**ards them City *****, I'm not sure what I was thinkin relyin on them. :pac:

A very rare winner :) who says 13 is unlucky??

Ok these are terrible odds for the upcomin double but fcuk it

Kerry
    Chelsea

€30 Double, Potential Return €52

Ok these are terrible odds for the upcomin double but fcuk it

Kerry
    Chelsea

€30 Double, Potential Return €52

I have Kerry at 3/10 doubled with Spurs at 8/13 against Hearts, Spurs have obliged, everyone reckons Kerry are guaranteed to win but you never know, fingers crossed.

I have Kerry at 3/10 doubled with Spurs at 8/13 against Hearts, Spurs have obliged, everyone reckons Kerry are guaranteed to win but you never know, fingers crossed.
    They should win no bother, but as a Dublin man and Dublin fan I hope they dont

They should win no bother, but as a Dublin man and Dublin fan I hope they dont

...as a Cork man with a €100 docket relying on them winning I hope they do :pac:

• Advertisement

...as a Cork man with a €100 docket relying on them winning I hope they do :pac:
    Nobody could blame you for that, do you stand to win much?

Advertisement