Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Le Creuset Pots

• 24-06-2011 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have 25 year old Le Crueset Pots....they are the set of 5 ranging from size 14 to 22
    I have used these for the last 25 years but obviously now there is serious wear on the enamel surfaces...two in particular are now unusable......Le Crueset are very good...but to buy new ones are expensive...also I dont like the limitation of only three pots in the new range
    I was wondering is there anywhere that will re-surface them for me???
    Does the Le Crueset Shop in Kildare Village do it ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 villacud

I have a similar problem with a Le Cruestet frying pan. It's a good heavy pan but the 'non-stick' surface has worn away. Any adivce as to where to get this resurfaced is appreciated

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

villacud wrote: »
    I have a similar problem with a Le Cruestet frying pan. It's a good heavy pan but the 'non-stick' surface has worn away. Any adivce as to where to get this resurfaced is appreciated

the same with mine, i didnt know you could get them resurfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

The kildre outlet centre do have good value in there.

I bought a le Creuset cassrole dish about 7 or eight years ago, my god it owns me nothing.

They are expensive but you really are getting what you pay for. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

I know you get what you pay for....the best cookware ever...i love mine...they're like a piece of art in the kitchen (mine have a stand).....thats half the reason i want to keep them...if I have to I will get new ones...but Id rather keep the ones I have and resurface them...if I can :)....which is my q....can you and if so where ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I don't believe you can get Le Creuset re-enamelled. You might be better off contacting them directly - they might replace for you. Might. Customer good faith and 20 year / lifetime guarantees and all that.

• Advertisement

I just may try that, although im not sure about the replacing, god knows le crueset is all i ever have bought but these are seriously old pans.....perhaps they may have to become a centrepiece to the kitchen :(.......and new ones must be bought....however I'm half thinking of new ones now because of the new cassis colour, i was just looking and fell in love with that cassis colour, i have le crueset mugs that colour and loved them and never knew the pots could be that colour too

I love the look of their black range - the really heavy duty black cast iron with the silver knobs.

I don't buy matching sets, I tend to pick and choose - I have a le creuset round cocotte and would love an oval in the black, but I went for mario batali for a risotto pan, and for an enamelled cast iron lasagne dish which is absolutely fantastic.

I dont know..i like colour..its le crueset....my vintage pots are volcanic, frying pan is graded blue, have mugs in volcanic, cassis and teal...i too like mix....have stainless steel too...that is so expenisve though...:P...€200 for a pasta pot :P...but worth every penny :)...

:) The two le creuset pieces I have - round cocotte and gratin dish - are 'mocha' (the one colour they discontinued, great eh?) I like the cassis, and they do a pale blue called carribbean blue that I must admit is very cheerful...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

no idea if this company is still in business but found this link

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article1081845.ece

• Advertisement

I was in Kildare Village and forgot to ask them (got a baking dish for €15 down from €40...great sales there...grab em if you are up around there :P)
    Anyway i looked at the pots they were fairly cheap so i think ill go with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

Hi I know it's an old thread but I'm wondering did anybody ever manage to get their le creuset pans re enamelled. My frying pan is scratched and its a pity to not be able to use it. God knows they are dear enough. Thanks

Advertisement