Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage for work on a Honda

• 24-06-2011 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a garage that is good with Honda's in the Limerick city area?

Preferably not any main dealers as I have had the car with them before and found them quite expensive.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

TestTransmission on here is a honda head...im sure he will be along shortly to offer advice...

may also be worth asking over in the motors forum

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭munsterkerryfan

TestTransmission on here is a honda head...im sure he will be along shortly to offer advice...

Thanks The Drifter.

I tried the Motors forum earlier in the week but got no responses. Hopefully somebody on this one will know of a good garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thanks The Drifter.

I tried the Motors forum earlier in the week but got no responses. Hopefully somebody on this one will know of a good garage.

I bring mine to a garage in Dublin.. :)

What's the car anyway?I previously used RS Auto for a while but he had some issues sourcing parts for me,so I stopped using him.

I bring mine to a garage in Dublin.. :)

What's the car anyway?I previously used RS Auto for a while but he had some issues sourcing parts for me,so I stopped using him.

It's a Honda Accord 2.2L diesel. There seems to be some kind of a power lag when I accelerate and it takes a few seconds before the car speeds up like it used to. It can be pretty dangerous at roundabouts and junctions.

I have taken it to two different garages - one said it was a problem with the EGR valve and the other said it was an issue with the turbo but neither of them fixed it!!

That is why I am hoping there is a garage in Limerick that is used of dealing with Honda's. Would you recommend RS Auto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Theres a fella called Eoin Mc that owns a garage in Caherconlish and everyone in the Munster region that cares about their Hondas go to him. Send me a PM if you want his mobile.

RS Auto shop in Clondrina is also good! Guy is a real old school chap, defo wouldnt leave it out broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It's a Honda Accord 2.2L diesel. There seems to be some kind of a power lag when I accelerate and it takes a few seconds before the car speeds up like it used to. It can be pretty dangerous at roundabouts and junctions.

I have taken it to two different garages - one said it was a problem with the EGR valve and the other said it was an issue with the turbo but neither of them fixed it!!

That is why I am hoping there is a garage in Limerick that is used of dealing with Honda's. Would you recommend RS Auto?

Yeah,they're pretty good.I only stopped using them due to issue of sourcing parts for me,my last car was an Accord but it was a jap import so parts were an issue.

Thanks guys - I'll call both of them and see if one of them can fit me in over the next few days.

Advertisement