Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent/Inexpensive Dentist?

• 24-06-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I went to a dentist who shall remain nameless (she was crazy) about 4 years ago, and had a filling which I found out when my tooth broke last year hadn't been done correctly and had caused more damage. I had to have this reconstructed with white filling material and when it fell out a month later, I just decided to leave it. It's been 8 months now and my tooth has broken more, but due to being a student/not having a job, I'm a bit broke atm, and was eondering if anyone could suggest a decent, yet inexpensive dentist in town/surrounding areas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The dentist beside Bobby Byrnes on O' Connell Ave is both of those things. Name escapes me right now, but the father has been going there for years. Went myself a while ago and it was considerably cheaper than my usual dentist in Killaloe.

EDIT: It's beside the Tec. Anybody know who I'm on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Peter Shorten is who you are thinking of Ciaran.

That's the man Jigga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

your man hennessy opposite souths pub is good to.i dont know what price he is as my work covered it but arent they all around the same anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jigga wrote: »
    Peter Shorten is who you are thinking of Ciaran.

Is he good with nervous people?

I was fine until a few intense sessions with the Ortho when I was 14 :o

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Is he good with nervous people?

I was fine until a few intense sessions with the Ortho when I was 14 :o

Why would you be nervous now? What do you need done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Why would you be nervous now? What do you need done?

I've a cracked tooth, prob need it taken out. Tbh, what I need done isn't the problem, it's actually going! :o And the noises their impliments of torture make! *shudders*

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I've a cracked tooth, prob need it taken out. Tbh, what I need done isn't the problem, it's actually going! :o And the noises their impliments of torture make! *shudders*

Ah, well you'll be the same at any dentist so. Shorten's as genial as you like, and a bit cheaper too, from what I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I've gone to this dude several times:

http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?q=Denis+Kerrisk,+Dental+Surgeon,+Limerick&hl=en&cid=10022066041720759655

Once for a very similar issue to yours, OP, so I reckon you'd be fine. Nice bloke, not too expensive either. :)

Advertisement