Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Galway postal sorting office actually answer their phone

Options
  • 24-06-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

I left my mobile phone down in Cork last Monday to which my sister posted it back up to Galway for me, well it still hasnt arrived and I found out through my email that she forgot to put the house number on my address in Salthill, I have only moved in there over the last 3 months so I wouldnt know the post man too well. After Googling for an email address and phone number for the Galway Sorting Office I eventually got the number 09324xxx but have rung it countless times but no one ever answers, what is the point of having a number I ask you. Anyway last resort is that Ive emailed her again to try and get a tracking number so I can rectify it online, is that the correct phone number for the sorting office anyway? Is it their policy never to answer a phone call? Cheers for any help.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maddison1

Hi
    I think 093 is a code for the Tuam area not galway city. Try 091 507xxx
    You can only track items online if they have being registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cheers Maddison1 I tried that number also, rang it like seven times in a row and it rings out, you wonder whats the point of them making this number available when no one answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Best option is to call out , bring proof of address and ID. Hopefully they can help you then.

Ps these are ex semi state workers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Very hard to get them. I had to there a while ago. If you're looking for a lost parcel get onto the crowd out in the Tuam road, but all they'll do is tell you to get a form in the post office and send it off anyways. About as helpful as a kick up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I went to my local post office in Salthill to see if they could help, they are not allowed to ring the sorting office (WTF!) but they did gave me a number to ring which was different again from the one Maddison1 gave me which is 09177xxx, so went to the public phones which guess what? werent working (courtesy of another public service Eircom), finally I borrowed my mates mobile only to find as per usual it rang out, no answers. Do your self some favours An Post sort out your shambles of a customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Numbers removed, see charter. If number is public then please point to their homepage. If number is not public then it shouldn't be posted.
    PM poster instead if you want the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

I went to my local post office in Salthill to see if they could help, they are not allowed to ring the sorting office (WTF!) but they did gave me a number to ring which was different again from the one Maddison1 gave me which is 09177xxx, so went to the public phones which guess what? werent working (courtesy of another public service Eircom), finally I borrowed my mates mobile only to find as per usual it rang out, no answers. Do your self some favours An Post sort out your shambles of a customer service.

Eircom are a private company:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

They're just like most of the govt and semi states, billions in debt, useless, same work ethic and have a massive pension deficit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They dont use a proper local number any more.
    All calls go to their Dublin head office but I cant remember the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi there,
    I rang and spoke to them today. they are open until 6.
    I can pm you the number if you like?

(I cant make it out for my parcel :( )
    But they are open today & tomorrow morning too according to the flier they left in my postbox..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 sabiandale

Can someone PM me a working number for them? Having a wee delivery crisis and my item is currently there

Advertisement