Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NO NO NO Schools have to include religion classes, forum told

1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Mistress 69

philologos wrote: »
    Who wasn't rohatch? :pac:

Although in fairness to them Dades and robindch dealt with him, although sometimes I wish they hadn't :p

Ooh my ..Philologos Is that a :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Schools in Canada allow in religious preachers, because "freedom of religion" trumps the Education Act:

http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/education/article/1022385--board-runs-afoul-of-education-act-with-prayer-services

Menstruating schoolgirls, down the back plz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Crucamim, do you also think there should be "whites only" schools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I would guess only if they are catholic whites...

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

robindch wrote: »
    Schools in Canada allow in religious preachers, because "freedom of religion" trumps the Education Act:

I guess "freedom from religion" doesn't trump it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

liamw wrote: »
    I guess "freedom from religion" doesn't trump it :rolleyes:
    One can only hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Crucamim, do you also think there should be "whites only" schools?
    gvn wrote: »
    How about sending black children to one school and white children to another?

I can't see a distinction between a) sending children of different ethnicity to different schools, and b) sending children to different schools because of the beliefs of their parents.

On what basis can you say that a) is right and b) is wrong?
    crucamim wrote: »
    They would both be right.

Advertisement