Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Parking facility on Drury Street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I didn't know about this until I saw this thread. Now I use it every time I go into town :D. Are there any others ones in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Are there any others ones in the city?

Not yet, though now that Andrew Montague is Lord Mayor I think that might change. I understand he's open to/investigating the possibility of a similar northside facility.

It's also worth mentioning that all car parks have a few bike racks in them (or at least all city-owned ones- maybe not all private ones), though nothing on the scale of Drury Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭MaroonTam

Wonder how viabile it would be to put coin operated locakble units into a facility like this?
    Would save people from carrying bike locks with them each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

There is a bike lock in the car park on Fleet St. too although it is not fully covered so bike's might get wet and it didn't feel as secure as Drury St. the one time I used it. It's behind a wall rather than out in the open like Drury St. I imagine it would be easy enough to get in unseen and spend some time breaking a lock. Didn't notice any security cameras but there is a bonus of some Ninja Turtles scaling the opposite wall :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

thinking about trying this place out! just wonding is it like 24 hours or dose anyone know when it closes? also is it still free for bikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whitehawk wrote: »
    thinking about trying this place out! just wonding is it like 24 hours or dose anyone know when it closes? also is it still free for bikes!

Your answer is below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74494901&postcount=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

yes thanks got that in my other topic on other areas to leave bike in dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whitehawk wrote: »
    yes thanks got that in my other topic on other areas to leave bike in dublin!

Whoops silly me. I didn't notice that you had started the other thread. Hey it's late and I'm tired!

Advertisement